We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Married!!!

Kent
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Getting Married!!!

Hi all,

I've made the mistake of prposing to my girlfriend and we're thinking of Kenya to actually do the deed.

We're quite keen on the South Coast and we're looking at two hotels in particular.

1. Southern Palms

2. Indian Ocean Beach Club

Does anyone have any recommendations on which to choose? They both seem to have very good reviews (apart from the odd grumpy person) but we'd realy like some opinions.

Also, how safe is it to leave the hotels at night? We'll have family with us but we want to throw them into a different (read cheaper) hotel. Would it be safe to meet elsewhere to go out? Again, some people saying yes, some no on the forums.

If anyone has actually got married at either of these resorts then your help would be especially welcome at this difficult and traumatic time!

Thanks

Nairobi
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting Married!!!

i know about indian ocean beach club. it is far south coast, it is a very nice place. it is exclusive club. i would recommend it becuase it has an aura of the arabian night. use a taxi at night and it will drop you where you want to go. there is so many places to go out. you can come over to mombasa or north coast via the ferry at night. very beautiful.

At my friend's wedding this february, we had planned the hotel to entertain us with traditional giriama songs during the cutting of the cake.

Gloria

bukachi@yahoo.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting Married!!!

I got married to my now wife on the 18th June last year, though this is on the North Coast. The Indian Ocean Beach club constantly gets good reviews on most advice sites. If you really want your family to be nearby try the LTI Kaskazi or most others round the Tiwi Area. If you have any members on a tight budget, tell them to try the cottages just up the road in Tiwi. My wife and I have found that The Sand Island Cottages are a good deal in that the Beach Boys and Girl wait for you to approach them and you can buy fish fresh from the sea at scandously cheap prices. The downside to Sand Island is that it's now getting a bit "tired" mattresses need replacing, but the people thee are ever helpful. If they want go next door to Maweni Cottages, look pretty good, prices seem reasonable but don't know anymore than that.

Northants
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting Married!!!

We just got married at the Voyager and it was brilliant - the crew are fantastic and arrange everything - it was a completely stress free way to get married...