We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just to say thanks

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portsmouth, UK
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Just to say thanks

My first post on here but have been reading these forums for a couple of months or so. My wife and I are going to Kenya at the end of this month and I'd just like to say thanks for all the useful info that we've gleaned from reading of other people's experiences.

We finally decided on two weeks at the Southern Palms (booked through Somak) and have also booked a 4-day/3-night safari (with DM Tours) staying at Kilaguni, Ol Tukai and Galdessa (all on recommendation from TripAdvisor reports/forums).

We'll be celebrating our 25th anniversary and, despite the reports on the drought, are thoroughly looking forward to the trip.

We'll endeavour to post our report upon our return in the hope that others will find it as helpful as we have found those from people who've posted previously.

London
Level Contributor
396 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just to say thanks

have a great holiday, and congratulations on your anniversary.

Portsmouth, UK
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just to say thanks

Thanks heartinnyali, just hope it's all we're dreaming it will be. This is our first holiday to Africa and we're not entirely sure what to expect, but reading this forum has been a huge benefit. Nothing in life is guaranteed but being able to do this sort of research is one of the real benefits of the Internet.

Carmel, California
Level Contributor
3,874 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just to say thanks

Enjoy your trip and I'm looking forward to your report.

Portsmouth, UK
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just to say thanks

Hi Patty, you seem to be pretty clued up on Kenya. Have you been many times?

London
Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just to say thanks

The Wife and I celebrated our 25th last year.If it's your first trip to africa You can't go wrong with southern palms.

Have a great time and Congratulations!

Portsmouth, UK
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just to say thanks

Cheers Bladders, and belated congrats to you and your wife too. Yes, my better half has been on about going for several years now and our anniversary seemed like a good excuse to push the boat out. Thankfully our kids are old enough that we don't have to worry about leaving them behind, so for the first time in 19 years it'll just be the two of us. That alone will make it bliss! Have you stayed at Southern Palms yourself then?

Wales UK
Level Contributor
242 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just to say thanks

Congraulations on your anniversary (you dont get that for murder mate!!!)

Hope you both have a wonderful time and I assure you you wont be disappointed.

Portsmouth, UK
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just to say thanks

Thanks Harry, yes indeed, with time of for good behaviour I could have been out years ago. Oh well, we all have our crosses to bear :-)

London
Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Just to say thanks

Yes we have stayed at the southern palms

any questions about the hotel please ask

Portsmouth, UK
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just to say thanks

Think I've gleaned just about all I need about the hotel from reviews/posts on here thanks, but if something springs to mind before we go then I'll certainly ask.