We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go ?

london
9 posts
Save Topic
Where to go ?

Was looking to go late October and was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the following hotels that i`m stuck between booking at the moment.

Southern Palms Beach Resort

Serena Beach Hotel

Voyager Beach Hotel

Hemmingways Resort

I will be going on a safari so really just looking for somewhere to relax and chill for 8/9 days.

Ideally looking for highest quality accomadation as possible also what would the best location be in terms of least amount of hassle from the beach boys as we would like to be able to enjoy the beaches without constantly fending off vendors.

Any help/info much appreciated.

Paul Safaris
City Tours, Multi-day Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips, Safaris
Jumbo Kenya Safaris
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Multi-day Tours, Safaris
london
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go ?

Hi,

If you plan to just relax at the hotel for the 8\9 days you are going to kenya and need totally no hassle from the beach boys then Hemmingsway will do for you, its a classic hotel and the beach is wonderful though it is in watamu which is about 100kms from the Mombasa airport. Those other hotels are nearer, about 30 kms from the airport but there is no escaping the beach boys.

Cheerts!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go ?

I have been to turtle Bay Beach club which is right next door to Hemmingways. When i was there Hemmingways was empty both times.

TBBC is great.

3. Re: Where to go ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:39 am, February 17, 2006
Derby UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go ?

I have been to the Voyager - if you check ou the holiday-truths.co.uk site you will find some hotel views on all of the above

London
Level Contributor
396 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go ?

i visited the Serena, voyager, and hemmingways on business last week, the voyager is the closest to mombasa, in nyali, on the outskirts of mombasa, was clean and the staff were friendly, plenty going on if you want entertainment and it's proximity to mombasa makes it easy to go to places outside the hotel. The serena is beautiful, the setting is gorgeous and the beach area nice, high standards but smaller rooms than some of the other hotels, they are closing for 3 months (may june july i think they said) for refurbishment and the building of spa's etc. Hemmingways was my favorite, takes longer to get there as it is based in watamu, hotel had a really nice feel to it, the staff were very friendly, everywhere looked clean and tidy, the vista's from the sun deck areas where spectacular.

I didn't get to the southern palms so can't comment on that.

also went to turtle bay, was nice, but had a distinct english feel to it.

which ever hotel you choose i think you will be happy. But i personaaly would choose Hemmingways.

6. Re: Where to go ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:39 am, February 17, 2006
Get answers to your questions about Mombasa