We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari with jeep

Norway
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Safari with jeep

Hi

We are going for a two wweks stay at the Diani beach resort and spa in march.

We are planning a safari for two or three days, but we wold like to go in a vehicle 4*4, not in a minibus. But with driver/ guide!

Anyone who knows where to find this? And prices?

Thanks!

Hanne

London
Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Safari with jeep

Look through the posts and you will come accross DM Tours based at the diani shopping centre they use landrovers for most of their tours,as to costs you will need to be more specific.

Norway
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safari with jeep

Hi, Thanks for your reply! I would like a two night trip to west/ East tsavo. Is it the same prices if i book a trip with Dk on the internet/ when we get there! And do you know if we can se leopard/ gepardi in tsavo?

When it comes to accomodation it would be a dream to sleep in luxurury tented camps, but it is probably a bit expencive!?

Hanne

London
Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Safari with jeep

A basic two nad a half day trip will cost approx 300 to 350 USD PP

The link below is for DM tours website

www.safariland-kenia.de/index.php?&lang=2

Have a look then email him for ideas and prices

London
Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Safari with jeep

Just a thought!

Most of the 4*4's are open top so take a hat,cap etc!

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,396 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safari with jeep

If you are looking for a luxury tented camp in Tsavo you should check Finch Hattons. It costs a bit more than some of the other places but is pure luxury. Another option would be Satao Tented camp, not as luxurious as Finch Hattons but still worth a visit.

Carmel, California
Level Contributor
4,288 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safari with jeep

I've stayed at Finch Hattons camp in Tsavo West and can highly recommend the camp. The setting is beautiful with most of the tents overlooking the hippo springs. I've also visited (but not stayed at) Severin Safari camp in Tsavo West. While their facilities are nice enough, I didn't like their setting nearly as much as Finch Hattons.

For Tsavo East, I've heard good reports of Satao camp or for something a bit more luxurious you could look into Galdessa or Kilalinda.

If you want a Land Rover/Land Cruiser, make sure to specify that in your email. There may be a surcharge depending on the operator. Also as mentioned earlier, check what type of top the vehicle has. I prefer pop tops for shade, particularly if going to Tsavo (it's hot there!), but I know others may prefer open tops for views/photography.

Carmel, California
Level Contributor
4,288 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safari with jeep

This page from the DM Tours website will give you an idea of safari costs using camps like Finch Hattons, Galdessa, etc. -

www.safariland-kenia.de/index.php…

London
Level Contributor
396 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Safari with jeep

There are plenty of tour companies that will provide you with jeep safaris as long as you remember to specifically ask for them, i think they are a little more expensive than standard vehicles as obviously they don't carry as many passengers.

Another alternative would be to hire a vehicle and driver for youself. I know of one company called rent a fine car, they have offices in both Mombasa and Nairobi addy is wwwrentafinecar.com A 4x4 suzuki vitara cost us 6500 shillings for the day on flat milage and a further 1500 for the driver/guide. The beauty of this is being able to go where you want to go and not have an itinary to follow.

Get answers to your questions about Mombasa