We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flamingo beach hotel mombasa and ms royal star also...

England
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
flamingo beach hotel mombasa and ms royal star also...

We have booked the following and would appreciate any advice or comments that will improve our holiday. It's our celebration of 40 years of marriage. After reading the comments we are wondering if we have done the wrong thing.

1. 18th Mar. 2006 Cruise on the MS Royal Star Secrets of the Seychelles. Pacific deck.

q. Do I need a dinner suit for dinner or is it casual wear?

q. Is it worth booking the trips on board or at the islands.

q. What other advise do you have please.

2. Followed by eleven nights at the Flamingo Beach hotel Mombasa with a four nights Hemingway Safari in the middle of this stay.

q. Any comments and advise on the safari please.

q. Any comments ar advise on the hotel Flamingo. Should we try and change it to another one? Is is worth getting an upgrade?

What are the a' la Carte resturants like?

Having read the comments up to now it has put us off the holiday, but unfortunately we have booked.

Great Dunmow...
Level Contributor
44 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flamingo beach hotel mombasa and ms royal star also...

Hi

I can advise you on the Upgrades etc. but maybe worth redaing my reveiw of Flamingo Beach hotel.

I was away last two weeks in October, so if you read the post by Gary from Chigwell you will see my comments.

Feel free to email me with specific questions

uk
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flamingo beach hotel mombasa and ms royal star also...

Hi I can't comment on the cruise as we did the 6 night out of africa safari which was fantastic, we had an excellent holiday with ASC. Just go for it with you eyes open so many people just don't read the info they are given and then complain about things that have been perfectly well expained to them in the brochure/literature. Read my review of the paradise/shanzu beach (good value for money) remember it is Africa you are visiting so don't expect a London Hotel and you will be fine. take plenty of small notes for tipping, Kenyan Shilling if possible, the staff are so friendly you will want to tip them, and make sure you take euros to pay your bill in then you don't need to worry about exchange rates etc.. We ate in the normal hotel resturant and we found the food to be very good. Just have a great time i wish I was going back! (maybe next year eh!)

England
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: flamingo beach hotel mombasa and ms royal star also...

Gayorient and New Butcher,

Thank you for all the advice it has really helped. What a good idea this trip advisor forum is.

Very Best Regards

Punto

England
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: flamingo beach hotel mombasa and ms royal star also...

Thank you for all the advice it has really helped. What a good idea this trip advisor forum is.

Very Best Regards

Punto

England
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: flamingo beach hotel mombasa and ms royal star also...

Very Best Regards

Punto

England
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: flamingo beach hotel mombasa and ms royal star also...

Very Best Regards

Punto

Teesside, England
Level Contributor
1,538 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flamingo beach hotel mombasa and ms royal star also...

Hi puntol.

My wife and I were on MS Royal Star for a one week cruise from Mombassa around the Spice Islands (Comoros Isles, Madagasgar & Zanzibar). See my comments on the ship in my posting of Nov. 16 in reply to Tony71 and his "Afriac Safari Club - overall" posting. Search for MS Royal Star and you will find it.

We stayed at the Dolphin hotel which is next to the Flamingo and the Flamingo is the better hotel. However, ALL the African Safari Club hotel rooms are BASIC. The pool/grounds area of the Flamingo are beautiful but watch out for the monkeys! They tend to appear around 5pm and if you are not looking will pinch anything, fruit, cake and even a sugar bowl one time!

The Flamingo restaurant is pretty good, plenty to eat. Although we didn't eat in the a'la Carte restaurant we were told it was very good and worth the extra.

Expect to get the Kenyan trots! Everybody we spoke to did, in fact I eventually had to visit the doctor on the ship as did many others.

England
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: flamingo beach hotel mombasa and ms royal star also...

Teeside Traveller,

Thank you for your information.

Regards

Punto

England
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: flamingo beach hotel mombasa and ms royal star also...

Teeside Traveller,

Regards

Punto

England
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: flamingo beach hotel mombasa and ms royal star also...

Teeside Traveller,

Regards

Punto

Get answers to your questions about Mombasa