We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

severin sea lodge

Sthelens
10 posts
Save Topic
severin sea lodge

my self and partner deb are going to kenya to the severin sea lodge on the 17th January and are realy exited we would love to hear from anyone who has satayed there on what to do local bars restraunts tips the hotel what to take for the maidsetc also what to wear on safari

Paul Safaris
City Tours, Multi-day Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips, Safaris
Jumbo Kenya Safaris
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Multi-day Tours, Safaris
milnrow
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: severin sea lodge

hi, are u travelling from manchester at 23.55pm on 17/1/2006, we are staying at voyager resort, might see u on airport

Stamford, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: severin sea lodge

we will be at severin sea lodge at same time,we were here last year and immediately rebooked on our return,easily(in my opinion)the best of the six or seven hotels on this stretch at bamburi and has retained a lot of natural trees and vegetation on site.other hotel bars are accessible by a short stroll down the beach,you will have to run the gauntlet of the "beach boys" during the day trying to sell trips and ornaments etc,but this is part of the culture..if in doubt walk slightly into the sea,it reduces the numbers who follow!!hotel restraurant and food very good,staff brilliant and a main reason for going back.we didnt utilise outside bars,some who did had a taxi booked which took them there and waited whilst they checked bars out,then picked them up later if they decided to stay.tips are purely personal and you will soon figure out who desrves them,we left the tipping generally to the end and confined it to staff in restaurant/pool lads and edward who you will meet in reception area!!we only had male room attendant and was tipped accordinly,numerous trips available via rep,we did 2 day /one night safari to tsavo,staying at salt lick lodge,was about 160 pounds each,initially thought it was pricey but worth EVERY penny,also night dhow trip/meal to fort jesus(which is organised by severin sea lodge for all hotels)again a great night out.the dolphin trip/dhow was along day,choppy,and at times for snorkellers,especially not confident ones,a bit scary!!nearly lost the wife!!

clothing for safari,as we did it,because it didnt involve bush walking ,just mini bus through reserve and evening meal in restaurant consisted of long shorts /shirts etc for day and trousers./shoes for evening,just general comfy gear,you need a fleecy top or similar to combat the chill on the early game drive,it can be cool!don"t know what standard of accomodation you have we are karibu last time and this time but it might be worth an e-mail to severin to ask to get a rondel as near the sea as possible,they will try to oblige and you will find it worth it!!

keep an eye out for us with the sky blue rucksack!!

Bangor, Co Down
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: severin sea lodge

hi, my wife and I will be at the severin from the 6th jan, maybe see you there before we leave on the 20th. We are going for 3 day air safari to masai mara, you will probably find us round the pool most days we love the sun, come over and say hello, i will be the one probably with a good tan as i love the sun. My name is Mike and my wife Phyllis, i am a young 45 with greying hair, average to slim build, hope to see u there...mike and phyllis

Sthelens
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: severin sea lodge

Hi chetz thanks for that info realy looking forward to our holidayYes we are flying @2355 from manchester you will probably recognise me and Deb cos we will be at the bar with a nice cold beer most of the time .I love the sun and will also be by the pool most of the time so if you see us at the bar in mcr or kenya feel free to join us .

Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: severin sea lodge

Hi Would love to hear what it's like at the Severin Sea Lodge upon your return. I am booked in for our Honeymoon in July. Also, did you book your safari over here or are you going to book shilst there? Any info would be really helpful. I hope you enjoy your trip.

Cheers NS

Mombasa
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Tsavo National Park East
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: severin sea lodge

the Severin Sea Lodge has a nice restaurant the Imani Dhow.

Nearby on the beach you find Yuls very good (little expensive ) Ice creams, Restaurant and Pizza. Also nearby is the Ilcovo a Italien Restaurant not to expensive.

Disco there is the Tembo Disco

near to the Hotel there is a Gocard place if you are interested in gocard, or opposite there is the Butterfly farm here you can hire bicyles and ride arround the quarry and enjoy some Elands grazng while you cyicle the lenght is 10 Km.

If you take a taxi you can visit the Haller Park (Bamburi nature trail) a man made eden

meet Owen the Hippo and the tortiose.

Also you can visit the Ngomongo village where you are shown different tribes of Kenya.

If you like to support disabled people go to the Bombululu Workshops here you can by all sorts of Soverienrs (nice unique ones) and help the people.

Avoid bying things at the beach ask for the Beach market wich ich behind yuls and bamburi beach Hotel where you can by from the market place insted of supporting the hassle at the beach.

For the Safari depends what you like for first time i advise to go for 3 Days Tsavo East and Tsavo West which cost arround 330 Us depending on the size of the group. If you look at a airsafari to the Masai Mara you look at a cost for 1 night arround 600 us

per person

Mentioned in this post
Tembo Disco
Tembo Disco
3 Reviews
Mombasa, Kenya
Haller Park
Haller Park
942 Reviews
Mombasa, Kenya
Bamburi
Bamburi
Mombasa, Kenya
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
Stamford, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: severin sea lodge

only three days before we get back to severin sea lodge..its been a long years wait!!for benefit of ninja star who is going on honeymoon to severin,i did a full walk round the hotel,basically photographing everything for the benefit of a work colleague who wanted to get married somewhere exotic.this included going up onto the roof terrace where private weddings take place and also in front of the imani dhow where a more public ceremony would take place and wedding receptions are catered for,also the place where "a la carte " mealds can be taken if you want a change from the kisima restaurant,i havent got round to putting these photos on the hotel site on trip advisor yet,probably when i get back,if you want to see them you would need to leave an e mail address in a response and i will do what i can...all i can say is you will NOT be disappointed in your choice of hotels

Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: severin sea lodge

hi Chetz

Email address is ninjastar1@hotmail.co.uk - any info is very much appreciated. Did you use DM safaries? Just got some info from them, seems good.

Cheers NS

England
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: severin sea lodge

Hello Chetz,

I have just read your report on the severin sea lodge and it sounds amazing - would it be possible to email me the photos you mentioned too? I am looking for a place to get married in Kenya next year and the terrace you mentioned sounds lovely! Also I am looking at August/September next year - does anyone know if this is a good time to go as everyone on this site seems to be going Jan time?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
Stamford, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: severin sea lodge

tweet 2006...let me know your e-mail address ,i will send the pictures as an attachment

Get answers to your questions about Mombasa