We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

when do i book safari?

dundee/scotland
Level Contributor
186 posts
38 reviews
when do i book safari?

hi

i dont know if its best to book sarari with jt safaris before i leave uk or when im in kenys?

do they need plenty of notice?, ther are only 2 of us

if anyone could reply, id be grateful

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
1. Re: when do i book safari?

Hi

I would also like to know peoples views on this. Ive had a few quotes but would rather not send money in advance. Are the tour operators likely to offer the same price once you get there?

When do you go Sam? We dont go till June?

I guess it wuld be good to have a set itinary and price in mind before you go so you dont have to spend time on your holiday going tound the various operators

London
4 posts
2. Re: when do i book safari?

Hello

No, You do not need to book before you go, (like i did). book your safari once you get there. I booked mine on the beach with the local beach boys Cliff or mohamed who work for north coast hunters tours & safari LTD. Who work so hard trying to make a living. I had the best two days of my life on my safari. It is so easy to book once you are there.

I was only there in December 08 and thinking of going back in april. i stayed at the vasco da gama hotel witch i found very nice, relaxing and the people are nice and frendly.

Have a good holiday

suzy.

www.kenya-africa.com. this is the company i booked

with.

3. Re: when do i book safari?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:11 am, March 02, 2009
Reading, UK
Level Contributor
72 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: when do i book safari?

I fly out next monday (2 of us).

I started getting prices together last week, and am busy negotating with 3 of the 'common' operators.

I am not concerned if I don't get it sorted before I go, as I'm sure we can pick something up when we're there, however, it does give that little piece of mind that it's done.

dundee/scotland
Level Contributor
186 posts
38 reviews
5. Re: when do i book safari?

thanks everyone for your tips. xx

London, England
Level Contributor
418 posts
109 reviews
6. Re: when do i book safari?

I booked before I went, most companies will only take a deposit rather than the full balance. I booked through Julius Nzumbi at JT Safaris / Julius Safaris. You have no need to be worried about him, I was travelling alone and he really looked after me. His trips are well organised an he can be flexible with what you want.

In my experience, there wasn't much difference between Julius's prices and the beach boys (although you would have to haggle a lot more with the beach boys!) but there was a big difference if you booked it through the tour companies, they are extortionate! I think it was nice to have it all arranged before I went so didn't spend the first days of my holiday running around trying to book trips, but that's just personal choice.

PM me if you would like any more info. I had a great time, Kenya is fab!

sheffield england
Level Contributor
124 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: when do i book safari?

Hi we have aranged to meet with a tour operator when we get to our resort.We have had quotes from him that seem reasonable but he has not asked for any money.We have provisonaly booked a two day tsavo east and west with him.His company is called safarihits.Has anybody out there done any safaris with him if so please let me know.

Thanks

Euston (Not the...
Level Contributor
31 posts
75 reviews
8. Re: when do i book safari?

My daughter was in Kenya last year and we are going this year.. On her advice, we booked from the UK in advance. She booked when in Kenya and was disappointed that she could not get the Safari she wanted - the choice seemed to be limited to what was left over, so all the good lodges had gone etc... Also it was not much cheaper either..

Orange County...
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: when do i book safari?

do I need a yellow shot injection for this? if so,,,, ok..

Orange County...
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: when do i book safari?

do I need a yellow shot injection for this? if so,,,, ok..

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Get answers to your questions about Mombasa