We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Masai Mara Hot air balloon booking

Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Masai Mara Hot air balloon booking

Hi all,

Apologies-I just jumped my question onto someone elses thread-first time. Anyway, I am hoping to do the hot air balloon ride over the Masai Mara in a few weeks time. I have rung up my travel company and been quoted £346 per person. I definitely want to do this but wondered if it is possible to book once there and cheaper. We are going early August so it is likely to be busy. We will pre book if we need to but as we've not been before are unsure whether we will get there and find this always runs and saves us a lot of money doing it there.

Thank you

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
89 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Masai Mara Hot air balloon booking

Hi 43Mich84,

How are you doing? Just came online to post a reply on my thread for Baloon safari and saw your thread here. You absolutely no need to apologize mate. What you asked was indeed relevant to the discussion.

What I have learned so far is balloon ride costs about 450 USD (appx 333 Euro). That is the standard price with most of the tour operators.

I would recommend you to book in advance because

1) When you book try to book once you are already at camp then price goes high.

2) As this is the peak time, they actually get overbooked, you don't want to miss out on your seat.

3) Because they are flooded with visitors, they show no sign of bargain and refuse to come down on price.

Hence I would suggest book well in advance. Price you mentioned is little higher though. See if you can bring it down a little.

Cheers.

Varad Joshi

Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Masai Mara Hot air balloon booking

Hi,

Thank you! Do you know of any companies we could pre book with? Our holiday is booked with a big travel agent so I think it is very unlikely they will change their price.

Thanks again

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Masai Mara Hot air balloon booking

Hi 43Mich84,

Actually, It might be ill advised you book when you are in Mara, as you might not find a space either. Your travel period is a higher season time therefore visitors flock to take this life time opportunity as you might find most being first timers and they don't want to miss on this. If you feel you need not to miss Hot Air balloon Safari and I suggest this is one of the ultimate Mara experience and a wonder to be hold flying over the vast savannah and wildlife all over. Just get in touch with your tour operator and negotiate a bite.

Edited: 7:38 am, July 18, 2014
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
89 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Masai Mara Hot air balloon booking

I can route you to my tour operator.. Not sure if I can mention the details here.. Lemme send you a personal message for the same.

5. Re: Masai Mara Hot air balloon booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:34 am, August 07, 2014
nyc
Level Contributor
14,912 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Masai Mara Hot air balloon booking

If you used a tour operator to book your safari, they can pre-book the balloon and you pay accordingly.

If no tour operator then contact lodge or camp directly now and take care of it prior arrival.

If not and you wait till in the Mara you'll likely get closed out during peak season.

7. Re: Masai Mara Hot air balloon booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 20, 2015