We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kicheche Bush Camp vs Kicheche Mara Camp

Brisbane
Level Contributor
206 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Kicheche Bush Camp vs Kicheche Mara Camp

Hi there,

I am planning a trip for hubby and I, and either 2 or 3 friends. I had selected the Bush camp but they only have 2 tents available in September 2014 when we are going and suggested the Mara camp instead. Does anyone have an opinion on the locations of the two camps? Our focus is photography, general wildlife and of course the migration.

Cheers!

1. Re: Kicheche Bush Camp vs Kicheche Mara Camp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:26 am, December 30, 2013
Brisbane
Level Contributor
206 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kicheche Bush Camp vs Kicheche Mara Camp

Off to check it out!

Does anyone else have any recommendations for the Olare Orok conservancy?

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kicheche Bush Camp vs Kicheche Mara Camp

Dear Jemma,

I've stayed twice at Kicheche Bush camp and I know very well what a superb experience it was staying there. I've been told that Porini Lion Camp which is also located in the Olare Orok Concession is also supposed to be superb. All the reviews I've read about it are very positive. The big advantage to staying in the Olare Orok Concession is that there are no crowds of other vehicles. In one day you'll only see two or at most three other land cruisers or land rovers. There are plenty of leopards, lions and all the other wildlife you could imagine.You'll also be close to the migration. I hope that you have a lovely trip.

I send you my warmest regards,Owen

Brisbane
Level Contributor
206 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kicheche Bush Camp vs Kicheche Mara Camp

Thanks Owen - we are going to book Kicheche Bush camp as there is room for the 4 of us who are now going. Everything I read about it is so positive - can't wait!!

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kicheche Bush Camp vs Kicheche Mara Camp

Dear Jemmwn ,

Please say hello to Darren and Emma for me the co-managers who are some of the kindest people you could meet anywhere. When I arrived there with very little baggage thanks to Kenyan Airways losing it ,they not only ordered me clothes from Nairobi they even loaned me the clothes off their own backs. I was truly touched by their exceptional kindness. The rest of the staff is exceptional as well. Kennedy and Vincent are charming and the perfect waiters. Patrick is an amazing guide and James is also very good. The food is superb and you'll be overwhelmed by the quantities of it.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,646 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Kicheche Bush Camp vs Kicheche Mara Camp

Kicheche Bush is on Olare Orok and rather small, the Mara camp is located on the adjacent Mara North Conservancy, their first camp in the Mara area and with a few more tents (believe its 10). Have you asked about their Kicheche Valley Camp on the Naboisho Conservancy a few miles west? It's a lovely camp and this rather new conservancy is receiving raves.

All of the Kicheche Camps get excellent reviews.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kicheche Bush Camp vs Kicheche Mara Camp

Dear Sandi,

This new conservancy and the camp are both receiving raves.

I send you my warmest regards,Owen

Brisbane
Level Contributor
206 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kicheche Bush Camp vs Kicheche Mara Camp

Our trip is booked! 7 nights Kicheche Bush, 4 nights Kicheche Laikipia and then 3 nights in Amboseli at Tawi Lodge. All I have to do now is wait......('cos this is next year 2014!)

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kicheche Bush Camp vs Kicheche Mara Camp

Dear Jemmwm,

I stayed 3 nights at Kicheche Lakipia and certainly enjoyed it, as the wildlife and scenery were superb. I even saw wild dogs twice which are my favorite animal. I hope that you have as much luck as I did.

I guarantee that 7 nights at Kicheche Bush Camp will blow your mind!!! It will be the most fabulous experience of your life.

Best regards always,Owen

nyc
Level Contributor
14,646 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Kicheche Bush Camp vs Kicheche Mara Camp

Tawi Lodge at Amboseli is beautiful on it's own conservancy to the east of the main Reserve, where game drives are done on both... you'll love it.

Accommodations are lovely, manager is a cook so needless to say the food is outstanding.

Get answers to your questions about Maasai Mara National...