We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Masai Mara-Nakuru in Feb 2013

Mumbai, India
5 posts
Save Topic
Masai Mara-Nakuru in Feb 2013

Dear experts,

I am planning to visit Masai Mara and Lake Nakuru for 3N/4 days by road from Nairobi with my wife and 4 year old son in first week of feb.I have been reviewing the iteniaries from a few operators (lion trails-eastern southern). Some of these suggest travel from Nairobi to Masai directly and stop at Nakuru during return. I feel the ideal scenario would be to do Nakuru first followed by Masai Mara as it would give more time at Mara.Also Would it be better to stay at Keekorok lodge than serena and can I visit the mara triangle thru keekorok lodge?

Are there any operators who take care of road travel/game drives/entries and travel sans hotel booking which i can execute online. Feedback will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Ajit

11. Re: Masai Mara-Nakuru in Feb 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 am, December 27, 2012
nyc
Level Contributor
14,912 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Masai Mara-Nakuru in Feb 2013

With a 4/yr old, better check whether the child can even go out on game drives at all. Most lodges/camps do not allow, but if they do you have to go out in a private vehicle which has an additional fee that can be $300-400/daily.

Children might not have the same attention span, get antsy, move about, make noise and if you were sharing, know that adults prefer NOT to have a child in vehicle.

So best to have own vehicle from the get-go, and it makes no differece whether it's a van or 4x4 (many vans are 4WD, but the daily fee for 4WD is higher than if not).

Wire transfers is the usual way of paying for safaris and is perfectly safe to do so. I do all the time... cost can range from $35-50/wire, depending on your financial institution.

13. Re: Masai Mara-Nakuru in Feb 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 29, 2013