We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family friendly at Siena Springs, Masai Mara?

Which Maasai Mara National Reserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wales
6 posts
Save Topic
Family friendly at Siena Springs, Masai Mara?

Hi, taking my 7 year old daughter to Siena Springs, Masai Mara in February 09. I would be grateful for any hints or tips from those who have already taken their children on safari.

kenya
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Family friendly at Siena Springs, Masai Mara?

I am yet to take my son but have been there and i recommend. The camp has also been holding holidays called kids explorer clubs for local school kids and the are popular for that.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,418 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Family friendly at Siena Springs, Masai Mara?

Siana Springs is a Heritage property. They have the Explorer's Adventure Camp to keep the young ones busy between game drives. Kids love this and children are so welcomed in Africa. Lucky little girl.

worcester UK
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family friendly at Siena Springs, Masai Mara?

Hi

we have just returned from holiday to siana springs and voyager beah resort with our 7 & 5 year old daughters, they had a fantastic time, we had 3 full day game drives so we did not use the kids club at the camp and they were also the only children there at the time so the club was not offered untill the day before we left for mombasa. There is a swimming pool on site, lots of animals runnind around the camp. Kennedy who runs the dinning area is excellent, the menu is a five course dinner each night but he made sure the children had something they liked as some of the food had lots of sauces or spices. The breakfast is great, pancakes, beans sausage, anything you want really, they also make lovely hot chocolate in the evening. If you are on a full day game drive then a packed luch is provided, with water, juice,fruit ect. Your daugther should have a fantasitc time, i will be posting photos and a full review later so you could check that out x rachel

Wales
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Family friendly at Siena Springs, Masai Mara?

Thanks Rachel, that sounds wonderful. I'll check out your photos later - tiabethan x

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,283 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family friendly at Siena Springs, Masai Mara?

FOR RACHEL - I have been reluctant to suggest Siana Springs because of what was - in my visits there - an awful road leading to it from the main road. It added a half hour (or more) in each direction coming and going to the Masai Mara gate.

What is it like now?

Apart from the road, I also like it. Tents are large and well set up. Low key in every respect, with the wildlife just there, grazing the lawns.

worcester UK
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family friendly at Siena Springs, Masai Mara?

I agree with the roads, but we saw many animals on that journay to and from the gate, also after driving from Nairobi to masi mara the roads were quite plesant, although there is a big tarmac initiative going on at the moment along the main roads, i agree with you the tents are great, i would not hesitae going back although next time i my consider flying to the mara to save on journy hours as it took five hours to travel from Nairobi to masi mara, this in itself wa fine for a first trip as you get to view the great rift valley and see real africa.

7. Re: Family friendly at Siena Springs, Masai Mara?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, October 10, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Maasai Mara National...