We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to book a masai mara safari

hampshire england
Level Contributor
26 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
how to book a masai mara safari

We are going to mombasa in Jauary 2009 after reading comments on this website we decided it would be better to book the safari seperatly from are tour operater.But after e-mailing two people i have seen mentioned I seem to be getting no where.They send me details of safaris but when i ask for a price i get no reply.We are staying at the Voyager at Nyali beach and would like to do a 2 night 3 day safari in the masai mara we would also like to do the early morning balloon flight.If anyone can help with some e-mail addresses I would be very gratefull

ireland
Level Contributor
84 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: how to book a masai mara safari

We are just back from Masai Mara. My daughter booked with wildconnectionsafaris.com. They are a small company and one of the owners is a young English man. They were excellent. We had 3days/2 nights and saw more than we imagined we would. THe guide was a fountain of knowledge of all life, plant ,animal and bird.We stayed in campsite and were well fed for the 3 days They picked us up ,arranged acc and taxi pick up in Nairobi. We paid about 360€ incl.

prinsenbeek...
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: how to book a masai mara safari

Hi,

If you want to go to the Masai Mara and stay overnight in a tented camp, far away from the masses, with guided walks, gamedrives in the night, early morning balloon flights than I've got the right address for you. Sadly my website isn't ready yet but you can check if you find useful information makenatravel.eu

Let me know

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,456 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: how to book a masai mara safari

Hi Makenatravel - I see you have set yourself up as a travel agent - are you offering your knowledge and advice free? Which is fine. If someone emails you will you try and sell them your services? Self-promotion isn't allowed on this site

14. Re: how to book a masai mara safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:05 pm, August 10, 2008
South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,107 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: how to book a masai mara safari

Very professional website, in dutch....

http://www.makenatravel.eu/

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,456 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: how to book a masai mara safari

Hi Makenatravel,

I'm very much in favour of the money going to kenyans instead of being taken out of the country by multi-nationals. I'm sure your advice will be appreciated.

Good Luck

prinsenbeek...
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: how to book a masai mara safari

Hi Doffcocker,

Thank you for your understanding. We're just back from Kenya and I was bit shocked about very little tourism. Most people have 1 meal a day now, bit ugali or something else from maïs. Specially the Dutch stay away after the robbery and rape from the 5 Dutch volunteers few weeks ago in Kakamega. The miniter here advice people not to go, very sad dicission.

Hi Tembofan,

My website will soon be in English, Spanish, German and Russian. Its not finished but it will be good, I hope. I'll do my best to send as many tourists to Kenya if possible so that the people there can earn enough money to make a living. You try the website from Ali Barbours, he's from the UK, and look at Stilts. Great to stay there for a night or 2.

Regards,

Yolanda

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,107 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: how to book a masai mara safari

I'm not sure what your role is here as it looks very much like any other travel/safari company's website. As I don't speak Dutch I'm not able to say what your terms and conditions are.

Are you booking people into flights, hotels, safaris for free, no commission?

Are you using lots of different safari companies or just one that you are affiliated to?

And the same for the hotels?

Sorry, but I don't understand this at all!

prinsenbeek...
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: how to book a masai mara safari

Hi Tembofan,

My website will soon be in English. I book flights, tour operators earn almost nothing on flights!! Its about 1 percent. The safari will be done by several people in Kenya and Tanzania, all Africans who work in tourism for many years. Not 1 company, several. If you want emailaddresses from them than ask me but than you should give me your email so that I can send it to you. The only commission I earn is small but for my costs like the website, registration for our company, paying for the bankaccounts, they are on my name and a African man who do the safari. I pay my own trips if I need to visit hotels, like last month. I've got nothing more to explain, think I do a good job where many people in Africa can, hopefully, earn money with it. I'm no saint but our European government is doing nothing while people there have so little, just want to help some, I cannot help the hole world.

kenya
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: how to book a masai mara safari

hairdo i hope u land in the right hands with your trip organising. insist to book with a registered company, and one that is prompt in response as well as transparency in your booking proceedings and confirmations, have everything confirmed such that no changes after.a tip for you, if you arrive in nairobi the best thing to do is to start the safari right from nairobi then follow your beach holiday, alternatively if you have longer days on safari can program it to end in mombasa that way there is not back tracking and wasting time, but a complete exploration!your agent should organise that for you and the rates shouldnt be hesitant. when i did ma masai mara trip recently, i felt well taken care of and worth my money!that is what you everyone needs and i wish you luck in your trip!

Get answers to your questions about Maasai Mara National...