We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kicheche Mara Camp

Derby, England
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
kicheche Mara Camp

We have booked a trip to Mombassa on the 3rd October 2005 for 2 weeks and would love to do a safari, is the masai mara the best place to go at this time of year (if not which park do you recommend?) also has anyone any comments on the Kicheche Mara Camp as this is accommodation on offer with our hotel?

Thank you

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kicheche Mara Camp

Masaii Mara is phenomenal year-round, in my opinion. It gets crazy-good in August, but it is well worth the money in October too. I've heard second-hand reports from friends of mine that Kicheche is good, but I have never been myself.

If you want to visit any other game parks, I would suggest Tsavo (east or west) and Samburu as the best alternatives. And the Aberdares are also great for a one-night trip - you can visit either Tree Tops hotel or the Ark (I prefer the latter). Many people over-look these one-nighters, but I really enjoy sitting up until 3am drinking coffee after coffee waiting for the predators to creap into the scene - it's really quite an experience.

Carmel, California
Level Contributor
4,288 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kicheche Mara Camp

I'll be staying at Kicheche in November and had been in contact with several people who have stayed there. I've only heard glowing reports. If you make it to Tsavo West, Finch Hattons Camp is delightful.

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
93 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kicheche Mara Camp

Hi Amanda,

I have booked Kicheche for December. I am taking my two children ages 7 and 8 as I have been told that the personal service is second to none.

I have been to Kenya before and visited Tsavo, Amboseli, Nakuru, The Aberdares and the Masai Mara - all fantastic in their own right but it was the Mara that really did it for me. However, on those occassions I stayed in Lodges, which were really good standard but a little detached from the reality of the envioronment - hence the reason for opting for a camp this time.

Kenya is such a fantastic place you will have a fantastic time whatever you do.

India
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: kicheche Mara Camp

hi ! I have just returned from the Mara and stayed at David Livingstone safari resort which was really lovely. Although it was large, the safari was excellent, great food, simple but very clean accommodation and super staff, all of whom were very very friendly. Also met the new owner who showed us the most magical night sky. 3 nights were not enough.

India
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: kicheche Mara Camp

Hi, I have just come back from David Livingstone Safari resort and it was absolutely fabulous. The setting, the food, the game drives and the staff. Everything was fantastic. You must go