We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Safari for Big 5 & Luxury Wilderness Accommodation?

London, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Which Safari for Big 5 & Luxury Wilderness Accommodation?

Hi All,

I've posted this in the Masai Mara Forum, but I have a general question.

I'm planning a trip of a lifetime (hopefully) for next year - probably October time for myself and my family - mixed ages (no children).

I'm looking for a Safari which will give the best opportunities for seeing the big 5 but also provide luxury accommodation - ideally tents or lodges with luxury amenities.

South Africa has always apealed to me but I've also heard lots of good things about Tanzania & the Masai Mara.

I've had a look at all of the reviews for tented camps across various areas / countries, but they don't really give me the info I need to make a choice on the best national parks etc.

If anyone has been on a few different safaris, I would be really interested in your comparisons.

Many thanks!

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Which Safari for Big 5 & Luxury Wilderness Accommodation?

Hello !!

What you needs is the services of one of the best itinerary consultants for Africa. He will tailor make your bookings and will recommend places which are suitable for you

His name is Mr P Shah and he can be contacted on pankaj@mugumotree.com .

When you are going for Safari you will spend a lot more time out of your room/tent than inside. The location of where you are going to is what really matters as you will not see all the big five everywhere.

Also once you have been on Safari ,Mr Shah adviced us to go for a beach holiday and suggested various places to us. We\ werent going to go for the beach holiday at firs but found it absolutely necessary after the adrenaline charged safari.

Good Luck and if you have any questions please ask.

12. Re: Which Safari for Big 5 & Luxury Wilderness Accommodation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 am, September 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Maasai Mara National...