We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent: vegans & vegetarians

LA
2 posts
Save Topic
Urgent: vegans & vegetarians

Hey experts, what's it like at the higher-end lodges for a vegan who also doesn't eat pasta ?

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent: vegans & vegetarians

whatever your food preferences are.... speak to the chef or manager, anything you require can and will be catered for,

Ugali is good for you, its a Maize produce and with a sauce can be very tasty.

masses of fruits and vegetables are available you certainly wont be left out or starve

LA
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent: vegans & vegetarians

OK, good to know. Maybe I'll take a few packages of tofu for the chef to add to cooked vegetables, what do you think?

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent: vegans & vegetarians

There is tofu available in the Voyager and the Whitesand so I should imagine if you spoke to the managers or chef this would not pose any problems...

You can buy Tofu in the nakumatt right next to the Yoghurts

Augsburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent: vegans & vegetarians

Hi,

one thing we recognized in Tanzania in the accomodations have been, that many people asked in advance via e-mail about this or some specials about the food and while they arrived, they were told at the check-in, that all things with the food have been prepared.

Maybe this is in Kenya possible, too. I did not recognize this in the past, but i think it might be an idea to check in advance and to make sure, that everything will be okay.

Bye

Chrissy

5. Re: Urgent: vegans & vegetarians

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, September 08, 2009