We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kikois

Which Lamu Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Kikois

Can you buy kikois on Lamu or should I buy before on the mainland?

Ranger Bob

Wales
Level Contributor
659 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Kikois

Just got back from Mombasa checked the price whilest I was swaning my way down Biashara street and was told 350 as a strating price. The usual place I go was closed for lunch but was surprised how much they'd gone up in the last couple of years. Not sure if that is the price of cotton that has caused the increase or prices in Kenya in general.

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,048 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Kikois

A Masai friend paid 200 bob at Kongowea market last week for a lovely red one.

Wales
Level Contributor
659 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Kikois

Ah Kongowea market not been there for a long time.

I once got my bag robbed only leaving me with the clothes I was stood in. One trip to Kongowea and I was kitted out with a full pack of clobber on the cheap some of the stuff I still wear regular to this day. Great market but never thought to go there for a kikoi.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
13 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Kikois

I think that it would be much cheaper to buy them in Mombasa or Nairobi because you'll have a wider selection and better prices,too.

15. Re: Kikois

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, October 15, 2012