We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenya in the News

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Kenya in the News

Hi,

In light of the recent news stories about the trouble on the Somalia-Kenya border, and state department terror warnings, does any one have any advice about travelling to Nairobi, specifically Tsavo and Amboseli right now? I will be there for 2 weeks starting next week and I don't want to be scared the whole time! And I'm not in a position to cancel my trip.

If anyone has any advice, I would love it.

Thanks!

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,386 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kenya in the News

I wouldn’t worry too much about travelling to Tsavo and Amboseli as they boarder Tanzania, the Kenya / Somalia boarder is in the other direction and well away from the southern safari circuits.

Northern Ontario
Level Contributor
104 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kenya in the News

we will be going in about a month and a half. So far I am watching but not cancelling. Because we will be in Nairobi, Massai Mara and then Mombassa which is quite to the south of the country I am convincing myself that we will be safe. I would imagine the Kenyan government is going to do everything to keep the tourists safe as this would significantly affect their economy otherwise.

I plan to register with the Canadian Embassy before we leave so if things escalate they will know where we will be. I would imagine you could do the same with the US.

Berlin, Ohio USA
Level Contributor
6 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kenya in the News

Thanks for the post, i will be traveling to Uganda at the end of the month and will also be spending several days in the Masai Mara, is there any cause for concern while in Kenya?

4. Re: Kenya in the News

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, August 26, 2009