We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One evening / late afternoon in Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
21 posts
24 reviews
One evening / late afternoon in Nairobi

Hi!

I'm flying into Nairobi around 3:15 PM on a Saturday afternoon and spending the night at the Hilton. Was wondering

1) By the time I get out of customs, is it possible for me to go visit anything? I really would like to just get a feel of the city, see what life is like, maybe even see a market if possible. What could be a plan for the night?

2) What's the best way to get from airport to Hilton?

Thank you!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: One evening / late afternoon in Nairobi

Airport to Hilton by taxi is your only real option.

Hilton is in the city centre and with your landing time your going to hit the traffic so will take a good hour to get there at least. Saturday evening in town you will see what you do in most others, i.e. people going to pubs enjoying the start of the weekend and crowds heading home from work.

There may be a market but I am not sure of the days it is on just around the corner from Hilton known as Masai Market.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,551 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: One evening / late afternoon in Nairobi

1. NOPE. It will be late in the evening when you check-in. Traffic will be heavy until late in the night. Best to stay at the hotel.

2. Taxi

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,682 posts
177 reviews
3. Re: One evening / late afternoon in Nairobi

What time do you leave on the Sunday? and where to?

My suggestion would be to get to The Hilton and just stay there. I personally feel the CBD is not a safe place to walk around especially after 6 pm.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
194 reviews
4. Re: One evening / late afternoon in Nairobi

Please whatever you do don't walk around the CBD because it isn't safe at night, furthermore, it's simply a terrible, awful place. Nobody likes going there, and Kenyans try to avoid it whenever possible.

5. Re: One evening / late afternoon in Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 04, 2015