We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on accommodation in Nairobi

agra
Level Contributor
80 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on accommodation in Nairobi

Hi,

I would be reaching NBO on 29th July at 11:30 AM (family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 children) and would be leaving next morning by 7:30 flight from Wilson., Looking for advice on accommodation for the 1 day/night stay, travel from NBO to hotel and next day morning from hotel to airport. We would be happy to get a family suite or two interconnected rooms. Total stay budget around USD 200. It would be nice if the place of stay is in a secure location, has wifi, arrangements for pickup from NBO and drop at Wilson, close to Indian restaurant and supermarket.

Any advice will be appreciated

Thanks...............Shailendra Bansal

Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
10 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on accommodation in Nairobi

The only place I found that meets your criteria was the Aero Club of East Africa. It was convenient and felt safe for my 10 yr old. However, the plumbing wasn't working and the service was poor so I guess you get what you pay for. Maybe a travel agent can get a better deal on the big hotels than I could online myself. I'm not an expert so this is just my own personal experience.

manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on accommodation in Nairobi

Have a look at the Fairview. Not sure of the rates these days but it should meet your other criteria.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,233 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on accommodation in Nairobi

I would also suggest the Fairview. Next door to the Israeli Embassy so Security should not be a problem.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,646 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on accommodation in Nairobi

Fairview -

Right across the street from Israeli Embassy where cameras from both hotel/embassy are on each other and every alley and corner in the vicinity. Every vehicle coming up that road is checked. As I've always felt 'Fairview can be either the safest or most dangerous place in NBO' - believe me, it's the former... safe, safe, safe for sure!

agra
Level Contributor
80 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on accommodation in Nairobi

Thanks everybody for the suggestions. Much appreciated.

Regards...............Shailendra Bansal

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on accommodation in Nairobi

hi, we stayed at www.progressiveparkhotel.co.ke in nairobi city centre, its based above bank of india and just across the road is nakumat supermarket 24/7, cinema, and very close indian dining and various temples,

also the hotel serves indian vegetarion breakfast and offers free wifi and free airport transfer (one way) included in the room or apartments price, online booking quotes $240 for appartment of 4 to 6, but maybe you can call or email and get a better deal, also the hotel taxi to airport would be around KES 2K

they have appartments which can sleep upto six people, have large LCD TV with Indian channels for movie and music, fridge freezer, and even built-in kitchen,

plenty of taxi's inside hotel grounds, and because you are leaving early in the morning you will avoid the city traffic aswell.

Coquitlam, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice on accommodation in Nairobi

Don't know a lot of hotels, but we stayed with two children aged 5 and 8 at the Hotel Comfort Suites just outside of town center. Room with two large beds, kitchenette if you wanted to cook full meals, (which we did not). They also have adjoining rooms and price was much better than in town or in Karen. I think we paid around $110 per night and we were able to negotiate a bit.

Nice restaurant, internet, small outdoor pool (unheated and cold in Jan) and you could walk to town. Never felt unsafe with secure entrance.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
75 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice on accommodation in Nairobi

You could also try Hilton Nairobi.

agra
Level Contributor
80 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice on accommodation in Nairobi

Thanks everyone. I have made booking at www.progressiveparkhotel.co.ke based on Bina's suggestion.

Shailendra

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice on accommodation in Nairobi

well thank you for your kind question, as per my understanding, it would be better if you chose the hotel that is outside the Central Business District, and not far from it. Kenya comfort suite can really fit your budget, has enough space for walking around and has all what Mr. Rod T. Conquttlan, Canada has just said. I agree with him, it is really the best one, with friendly staffs, quiet, and very save,as we have the police post Milimani just few metres away, and is the way near to the state house. all the same, just near the Headquarter for the Kenya Defence Force, KDF. so you can see how secure the place and hotel is. Infact Mr.Rod Tait and his family of 2 young little girls and wife stayed here for some nights after they finished the safari with me. for 10 days. in Kenya with ANCIENT WILD SAFARIS. Just look at this, or get me to make the booking for you. all the same you will be well and also access to Wilson Airport so well, because you will need to pass by the town center. is about 3 Kilometers to Wilson. All the best.with respect Michael.