We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private driver from Nairobi to Mombasa

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 posts
Save Topic
Private driver from Nairobi to Mombasa

Hi there,

Me, my wife and her sister and two kids are going to Kenya for 3 weeks ind the end of March.

We are planing on going to Mombasa from Nairobi. Do any of you have some experience, on how much it would cost to pay a driver to take us there?

As far as i can see, the trip should take around 5 hours if i am not mistaken. So thats why we whant to do it this way instead of bus or train (13 or 10 hours)

Many thanks

Brgds

Chris

21 replies to this topic
11. Re: Private driver from Nairobi to Mombasa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 am, April 11, 2014

12. Re: Private driver from Nairobi to Mombasa

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, January 22, 2015

13. Re: Private driver from Nairobi to Mombasa

Removed on: 8:35 am, January 22, 2015

Nairobi
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Private driver from Nairobi to Mombasa

Hilla84

This was to be in March 2014, it surely has been done, why are you reviving the old posting ?

10k seems cheaper to me, does this include the vehicle and fuel or just driving charge ? Any tour operator would consider going to and from which is nearly 1000km, accomodation and driver allowance.

Good luck

Allan

15. Re: Private driver from Nairobi to Mombasa

Removed on: 12:35 pm, January 31, 2015

Mombasa, Kenya
1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: Private driver from Nairobi to Mombasa

i am looking for job here i am a driver and can take part in hotel too kenyans i know how harsh some of us are if you can find favour please give me a job thank you....

Nyeri, Kenya
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Private driver from Nairobi to Mombasa

This is not an advertising site!!!

Mombasa, Kenya
8 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Private driver from Nairobi to Mombasa

Hi,

Good driving with stop over for lunch etc will take around 8hrs. It depends on your preference but driving along the high way you see very beautiful scenery which you don't get when you fly, that is if you love nature. You have to depart very early ie if you depart at 6am, you will arrive Mombasa before the town traffic jam.A professional Safari driver would be the best to hire. The public means is cheap but you should be ready for any inconveniences if you are not used to them, but if not there are air conditioned buses like Oxygen Mordern coast. A professional driver guide to drop you will cost around ksh 35000 one way for all of you.

Nairobi, Nairobi...
Level Contributor
120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Private driver from Nairobi to Mombasa

Leah R - I could be wrong but I think the post you are responding to is over 2 years old.

20. Re: Private driver from Nairobi to Mombasa

Removed on: 12:05 am, January 27, 2016

Reply to: Private driver from Nairobi to Mombasa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted