We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 hour daytime stop in Nairobi - ideas on what to do?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
12 hour daytime stop in Nairobi - ideas on what to do?

I have a 12 hour (well 11 hours 45 minutes) daytime stop over in Nairobi, on my way back to the UK. I was wondering if anyone knew of anything good to do not overly far from the airport that could kill some time and is ok/safe for a woman travelling on her own? I have heard the Giraffe centre is fun and not that far.

Ideas welcome!!

Mombasa Kenya
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: 12 hour daytime stop in Nairobi - ideas on what to do?

If you are landing at 1130hrs, the best you can do is Karen blixen lunch, daphen shledrick and giraffe manor. Time allowing you can get into Nairobi National park for after game drives entering through main gate and coming out through cheetah gate to avoid Nairobi traffic jam on the way to Airport

12. Re: 12 hour daytime stop in Nairobi - ideas on what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, November 03, 2014