We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving time to International Airport from Country Lodge

Bristol, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Driving time to International Airport from Country Lodge

Hi

Can anyone help me on this please?

I can see from various posts that driving times can be long in Nairobi. Our flight is leaving at 0825 so wherever we stay the night before it will be an early start but we would like to stay at Country Lodge if we can even though I understand it is about 20kms from the airport.

So how long should we allow to get to the airport from Country Lodge early on a Saturday morning please? (Haven't finalised dates yet so any indication if how long it would take on a Friday if that is much different would be welcome).

Would it be advisable to stay somewhere nearer?

Thanks in advance.

A

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,214 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving time to International Airport from Country Lodge

If your flight is at 0825, you need to be at JKIA by 0625. If you leave Country Lodge at 0600 any day, you should be there by 0625. To be safe on weekdays, maybe leave by 0545.

nyc
Level Contributor
15,090 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving time to International Airport from Country Lodge

As RWA - agree that on a Sat morning even though a workday, you should be able to get from Upper Hill (Fairview/Country Lodge), be able to get to airport within 30/min. Traffic might or not start to build up at this hour, but even with allowing for 2/hrs prior departure for checkin/security, you should be good to go.

Assume travel is some months off (especially if in '14), but if within the next few months and since the fire at JKIA, they are currently requesting travelers be at the airport between 3.5-4/hr prior homebound flight.

Bristol, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving time to International Airport from Country Lodge

Thank you both - that is very helpful.

It is a few months off (early 2014) so I shall keep my fingers crossed that things have settled down a bit by then after the fire and I don't have to be there that early!! But if we have to then we will. I will keep my eye on what the latest check in time is.

A

4. Re: Driving time to International Airport from Country Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 31, 2014