We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 day trek up mount Kenya or neighboring mountains

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
4 day trek up mount Kenya or neighboring mountains

My girlfriend and I have 4 days free in Nairobi (arrive late sun 19th Oct and leave for Mombasa on early Thurs 24th Oct) and I would like to go trekking up one of the mountains near Nairobi. Most of the suggested treks up Mt Kenya take between 8 - 11 days and which is unfortunately too long for me and so I was interested if anyone had any suggestions of a good 4 day trek up that would cost around $600 per person.

Any response would be massively appreciated.

Robin

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,582 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 day trek up mount Kenya or neighboring mountains

You can trek My Kenya in 4 days.

Have a look here:

mountainrockkenya.com/4dayssirimon_naromoru.…

Incidentally, i trekked Mt Kenya some years back & we were based at Bantu Lodge, which is part of Mountain Rock..

Another popular base for climbing Mt Kenya is Naro Moru

http://naromoruriverlodge.com/

Good Luck.

Edited: 6:02 am, August 27, 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 day trek up mount Kenya or neighboring mountains

You can make to trek for 4 days .have send you a private message hope it will help you.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 day trek up mount Kenya or neighboring mountains

The 4 day trek is possible but this would mean very early morning departure from Nairobi for transfer to the park gates. You can pick either of two routes, the Naromoru or Sirimon but this will depend on your level of fitness and need to acclimatize. Considering that KWS park entry fees for 4 day package is $220 per person and the costs of accommodation, food, porter/guides and transfers in 4WD vehicle , the cost you are looking at could be slightly higher than your current budget.

Nyeri, Kenya
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 day trek up mount Kenya or neighboring mountains

Mount Kenya isnt very close to Nairobi, either and about 3hrs drive.

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,676 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 day trek up mount Kenya or neighboring mountains

I wouldn't try to get to Point Lenana from Nairobi and back again in four days. You're seriously endangering your health with that altitude change. Take six days for that trip. Or four if you're already acclimatised to the altitude at the base of the mountain.

Alternatively, go somewhere interesting like Castle Forest Lodge on the south side of the mountain and hike on the slopes.

Richard Trillo

6. Re: 4 day trek up mount Kenya or neighboring mountains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 01, 2014