We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

baggage collection

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
lincs
Level Contributor
135 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
baggage collection

hi everyone, well the holiday is getting closer, 13 days to go, i would like to ask that when we land in Nairobi airport do i have to collect the suitcase and then catch my connecting flight to mombasa or do i meet my luggage in mombasa, we only have an hour and half between landing and getting our connecting flight, seems very close time ways to get it all done, would be grateful if someone could explain who it should go once we land in Nairobi. Mark

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,104 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: baggage collection

Hi,

Normally you go through Immigration, collect your bags, go through customs then leave the International Terminal, cross the car park and enter the Domestic Terminal, and an hour and a half would be ample.

However as the Immigration Hall, Baggage Reclaim and Customs were destroyed in the fire last week, they have put temporary measures in place and are apparently using the Domestic Terminal for International Arrivals, and Domestic flights are using the Cargo terminal. People seem to be reporting that the temporary measures are working quite smoothly. Because it is a temporary emergency procedure and none of the passengers are going to know where they are going I'm sure there will be lots of people around to make sure you make your connection comfortably

lincs
Level Contributor
135 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: baggage collection

many thanks for you reply. Mark

3. Re: baggage collection

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 15, 2014