We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi Restaurant for Lunch

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
215 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Nairobi Restaurant for Lunch

Our tour operator has suggested 'Carnivore Restaurant' for lunch while we are in Nairobi before starting our safari the next day. To me this seems like a more touristy restaurant and I'm not sure if it totally appeals to us. That day we will be visiting David Sheldrick's Elephant Orphanage and the Giraffe Centre (I guess also touristy places but for food we like to try something more authentic to where we are).

Does anyone have any other suggestions on where they can take us for lunch that is convenient enough to these two locations and that might be more authentic or just a good place to try?

Thank you

Callaway, Minnesota
Level Contributor
110 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Nairobi Restaurant for Lunch

This has almost morphed into a cheese forum so I thought I would weigh in and give you my take. I love cheese and was perhaps a little disappointed on the Nakumatt selections and after 2 months in Lamu, I was looking for a cheese fix. While shopping at Nakumatt I saw the Brown's cheese display and cooler and why not and purchased a Camembert and took it back and I was astounded on how good it was. As good as anything I have had in the US and I am not an expert by any means, but it was as fresh and tasteful as a similar cheese in Normandy. When I return to Kenya I look forward to making a run out to the Brown farm and sample some of their other cheeses.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,657 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Nairobi Restaurant for Lunch

If you fancy Indian, there's a Open House in Karen - Absolutely divine food !!!

Chicken Makhani, Chilly Paneer are house specialities.

Level Contributor
109 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Nairobi Restaurant for Lunch

Have done both Carnavore and Talisman. Most certainly go with Talisman. Great food!

24. Re: Nairobi Restaurant for Lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, July 19, 2014