We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car and driver hire in Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Car and driver hire in Nairobi

I am thinking of hiring a car with a driver to take me from Nairobi to the Mount Kenya area. Does anyone have experience with any companies - good or bad?

99 replies to this topic
1. Re: Car and driver hire in Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:26 am, December 30, 2013

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car and driver hire in Nairobi

would be a drop off

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Car and driver hire in Nairobi

using a taxi for a drop off will be cheaper than TO. you can contact Kenatko taxi or you can also use public transport known as matatu

good luck

nairobi
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Car and driver hire in Nairobi

I will take you. When do you want to go? Where in the Mt. Kenya area?

5. Re: Car and driver hire in Nairobi

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:23 am, August 27, 2013

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,719 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car and driver hire in Nairobi

Get a quote from James Mwongera, but as you have been told, you may need to pay for the round trip if the vehicle is going back to Nairobi empty.

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Car and driver hire in Nairobi

We did a whole day trip with James, he took us to the Elephant Orphanage in Nairobi and after that to the National Park. He is such a kind friendly guy easy to talk to and who will make sure you have an excellent time in Nairobi. He will help you with any request you may have about Safaris or trips around Kenya.

Just email him. He will reply and give you a quote. We paid him 6000Ksh (£45) for the both of us for the whole day. Not including the $40 park entrance fee each.

james@kenya-adventures.com

This is the company website

www.kenya-adventures.com

Edited: 6:00 am, September 13, 2013
8. Re: Car and driver hire in Nairobi

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

Removed on: 7:31 am, August 07, 2014

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Car and driver hire in Nairobi

Hello when do you want to be taken? www.bigmountainsafaris.com will give you the best price with their land cruise.Contact them : email bigmountainsafaris@gmail.com

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car and driver hire in Nairobi

Hi there,

I am a British expat living in Nairobi. My previous driver recently set up on his own and I am sure he would offer competitive rates. Drop me message and I can send you his details.

Cheers,

Alex.

Reply to: Car and driver hire in Nairobi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted