We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi Airport Hotel

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, mn
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Nairobi Airport Hotel

Any recommendations on an airport hotel near NBO?? We will be flying back from Mombasa to Nairobi and will need an accomodation for just a couple of hours before taking the mid night international flight. We are looking for a safe and clean accomodation. A swimming pool and a shuttle service to and from to the airport will be nice but not neccesary.

Thanks!!!

nyc
Level Contributor
14,315 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nairobi Airport Hotel

The closest to airport, 15/min drive, would be Ole Sereni, Panari or EKA. The first two can be considered rather costly for just a dayroom; EKA is newer and believe has a better dayroom rate.

What time does flight arrive from MOM to NBO for homebound flight?

You might want to instead pay (maybe $50/pp) to use one of the lounges at the airport.

There was a recent thread (believe it was yesterday) re which lounges were available and costs. Do a search.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nairobi Airport Hotel

I would recommend any day Eka Hotel its new, clean, safe and i believe they have a courtsey shuttle to the airport...! Please check them out and let me know what you think.

Ray

Africa Safari Expert

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
153 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nairobi Airport Hotel

Another vote for EKA.

Rochester, mn
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nairobi Airport Hotel

I tried EKA.... It costs an arm and a leg. It especially hurts when we just need the accomodation for a couple of hours. Then I tried contacting Meltonia Luxury Suites. They seem to have really nice and high end property. They gave me a half a day rate..........Seems to be a MUCH MUCH better deal. Does some one know how far are they from the airport???

nyc
Level Contributor
14,315 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nairobi Airport Hotel

Can't well determine from that Google map exactly where located but appears a bit away from the airport. One site indicated 9Km, another 19Km, but know in Nairobi that can be rather long distance.

Deal I guess is good, but if not located right on Mombasa road near EKA, be prepared to allow for traffic and remember you have to be at airport 2.5/hrs prior departure for check-in/security.

Do you really want to drive maybe over an hour to get to this hotel, check-in, shower, redress and spend another hour or longer returning to airport?

How long is your actual layover?

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nairobi Airport Hotel

try the The clarion hotel Nairobi in the city only 20 minutes drive especially in the midnight when traffic is low.

7. Re: Nairobi Airport Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 18, 2014