We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need prices for Maasai blankets

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,307 posts
59 reviews
Need prices for Maasai blankets

We have had 3 blankets donated to a silent auction. Several years ago we paid $20 U.S. for a blanket. Can anyone assist me with a reasonable price for these items? It is a fundraiser, so I think that less than $20 would not be advantageous. I know someone will send a response. Asante.

Nairobi
Level Contributor
133 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Need prices for Maasai blankets

Pirates the price varies depending on the quality of the material and also the outlet from where you purchase it .I would give it between $10 to $15.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
175 reviews
2. Re: Need prices for Maasai blankets

We pay Kshs 900 (US$10) per blanket at the markets in Westlands. I would say $20 each should be the minimum.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,307 posts
59 reviews
3. Re: Need prices for Maasai blankets

Thanks for the responses. Since these items are for a fund raising dinner, supporting public health research in Eldoret, setting a higher value, maybe $30, will perhaps encourage higher bidding. We'll likely set a minimum bid of $10. I appreciate the responses.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,307 posts
59 reviews
4. Re: Need prices for Maasai blankets

Just an update; all three brought in $80, the evening raised $2500. Thanks for the assistance.

5. Re: Need prices for Maasai blankets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, February 15, 2013
6. Re: Need prices for Maasai blankets

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, February 15, 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
175 reviews
7. Re: Need prices for Maasai blankets

Great to hear. Well done.

8. Re: Need prices for Maasai blankets

Removed on: 11:05 am, September 12, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,307 posts
59 reviews
9. Re: Need prices for Maasai blankets

Wow. It boggles the mind that there may have been inappropriate responses.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
14,672 posts
55 reviews
10. Re: Need prices for Maasai blankets

The inappropriate responses were people trying to sell you blankets against the rules on self-promotion and soliciting