I arrive 3pm and leave 9am staying at Fairview Hotel what should I do? Is it OK to walk in the Streets?
It is advisable to take a taxi when moving around in Nairobi. How about taking a city tour?
Perfectly safe to walk around in town, but not during the night.
Well, I wouldn't say Nairobi is perfectly "safe" during the day:
there are several places you can visit like
1. giraffe center
2. Nairobi national park
3. Nairobi museum and snake park
4. Nairobi city tour where you will visit the following:
- The colourful city market and shopping bazaars
- Parliament buildings
- Kenyatta International Conference Centre, the landmark of Nairobi (KICC),
- Kenya National Museum where there are spell-binding displays of the early man, tribal regalia and flora and fauna of Kenya.
- The snake park which displays a variety of East African snakes that are viewed in glass cages
- National Archives - Seen here are photographs, exhibitions of handicrafts, paintings and journals of Kenya's history.)
Going2kenya - did you miss the point that OP is arriving at 3PM & checking in hotel much later. All those place close at 5pm.
Giriama - petty thieves & muggers are found in all parts of the world. Whether its Rio or New York City...this isn't something new.
Louise, as Stef says, you land at 3.00 pm. I am assuming this is an international arrival time, so by the time you clear immigration, customs and negotiated Nairobi traffic, you will get to the Fairview any time between 5 - 7pm. Most places would be closed by then, and traffic is a nightmare, so not worth trying to go anywhere.
I would suggest to just hang out at Fairview, have a swim, some dinner, and then chill.
The next day if your flight departs at 9 am, then again, you would need to leave the Fairview very early to get to the airport on time. So just breakfast and go.
As above, you won't be at hotel before 5pm earliest, likely later, and sights above close by 6pm latest, others maybe 5pm. On the Equator it's dark by 6:30-7pm... no time to be walking about town.
The Fairview is lovely with nice rooms, beautiful grounds, choice of restaurants.
Best you check-in, shower, have dinner and go to sleep. Next morning starts early.
-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-
This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.
To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html
We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.