We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi International Airport - lounge facilities

London
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Nairobi International Airport - lounge facilities

Hello, could anyone let me know the most up-to-date information on airport lounges at Nairobi International AIrport. Is there still a lounge that I can pay to use (I have a 6 hour flight connection time, travelling Economy on Kenyan Airways).

I have read previous forums on this subject but facilities seem to change some people have said you can pay for first-class lounge, others say you can't use them unless you have a ticket. I would appreciate any information from anyone who has travelled recently.

Many thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,274 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nairobi International Airport - lounge facilities

You can pay to use a lounge, just off the main corridor near the duty free shops. The food isn't up to much but you can help yourself to alcoholic and soft drinks + tea/coffee. There is satellite TV, internet and comfy chairs/sofas, just right for a quick nap.

The first class lounges near the prayer room can only be accessed by people with first/business class tickets.

Edited: 11:26 am, December 28, 2012
Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
16,256 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nairobi International Airport - lounge facilities

Is your connection between international flights or between internal and international flights?

If the latter you have to change terminals so can use the cafe / bar with terrace or the restaurant that are at the airport but 'landside' rather than 'airside'

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,292 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nairobi International Airport - lounge facilities

As Tembo said you can pay to use the First Class lounge. They charge US$30 for up to 4 hours. They might stretch it out to 5 hours.

Food wise, they have pastries, sandwiches, and small savouries like samosa, pies, etc that you can heat in a microwave. Drink selection is decent.

London
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nairobi International Airport - lounge facilities

HI, thanks for all your help, I have been through the airport a few years ago but read that it had been expanded (or is being expanded), all I remember is a circular building packed with people. Has the expansion been completed, hopefully it Is bigger and less chaotic now? I am coming via Kili so will not be changing terminals.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,292 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nairobi International Airport - lounge facilities

Nothing has really changed. Some duty free shops have made way for more seating. Otherwise the same, the new terminal is not ready yet.

6. Re: Nairobi International Airport - lounge facilities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, January 02, 2014