We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Time/Cost between Giraffe Manor and Windsor Golf Hotel

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
156 posts
41 reviews
Taxi Time/Cost between Giraffe Manor and Windsor Golf Hotel

Can anyone please advise an estimate of time and cost for a taxi from Giraffe Manor to the Windsor Golf Hotel?

I'm trying to plan transfers.

Thanks very much!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
521 posts
131 reviews
1. Re: Taxi Time/Cost between Giraffe Manor and Windsor Golf Hotel

That is quite a long way, from one side of Nairobi to the other and time will depend what time of day you want to do it. Could be 1 hour or many!

I would guess it would cost at least $40

Maybe consider staying on the North side of Nairobi or even at the Windsor.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
156 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Taxi Time/Cost between Giraffe Manor and Windsor Golf Hotel

Thanks for your reply.

I'm staying the previous night at Giraffe Manor, and the next night at Windsor Golf Hotel for the start of the tour hence the transfer. I'll probably be leaving Giraffe Manor at 10am on a Saturday morning when I have to checkout.

I'm meeting up with a group who are hiring a minivan for the day, but I don't want to be touring all day with my bags in the car.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
521 posts
131 reviews
3. Re: Taxi Time/Cost between Giraffe Manor and Windsor Golf Hotel

Saturday is better than a week day but if I were you I would leave as early as you can. Traffic can be horrible!

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,685 posts
177 reviews
4. Re: Taxi Time/Cost between Giraffe Manor and Windsor Golf Hotel

If you leave Giraffe Manor at 10am on a Saturday, allow between 1 - 2 hours to get to Windsor. You should be there latest by 12.30 pm.

If you are to take a taxi, they will charge approx. Kshs 4 - 5,000.

What time is the group leaving Windsor?

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,660 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: Taxi Time/Cost between Giraffe Manor and Windsor Golf Hotel

And do make sure they don't try to drive "as the crow flies" via the city centre The best route these day (if I'm not mistaken) would be essentially up James Gichuru, then via Villlage Market onto the beginnings of the northern bypass which runs right past the Windsor.

Locals please shout if I'm barking up the wrong tree…

Richard

nyc
Level Contributor
14,272 posts
6. Re: Taxi Time/Cost between Giraffe Manor and Windsor Golf Hotel

Even if you have bags, they will be secure in the vehicle while out of it and sightseeing. This is done all the time.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Taxi Time/Cost between Giraffe Manor and Windsor Golf Hotel

To be honest I wouldn't go anywhere near James Gichuru on a Saturday. From Karen one can take the (safe) back route out the top of Langata Rd through Dagoretti, right onto Dagoretti Road, left onto Naivasha Rd at Equity Bank and then all the way up through Kapenguria to the other side of town, Ngecha Road, Red Hill Road then join into Limuru Road. Takes me about 40 mins on average, and is much more scenic. Came through town way to that side a couple of Saturdays ago and it took me over two hours.

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,660 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: Taxi Time/Cost between Giraffe Manor and Windsor Golf Hotel

That sounds good. I've used the loop that goes even further west a couple of times, starting on Dagoretti Rd (and continues on Ndenduru and Gitaru roads across to Banana Hill) to get up to Riara Ridge from Karen, but I haven't used your Kapenguria Rd to cut back towards the northeast again. Noted, thanks!

And how is the northern bypass going? Village market to JKIA (or vv) ought to be do-able in under an hour, even in rush hours, yes?

Richard

9. Re: Taxi Time/Cost between Giraffe Manor and Windsor Golf Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, December 17, 2013