We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

David Sheldrick elephant sanctuary Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
milwaukee, wisconsin
Level Contributor
4 posts
30 reviews
David Sheldrick elephant sanctuary Nairobi

I will be staying at the Nairobi tented camp for purposes of visitng the elephant sanctuary. I am a donor at Sheldrick's and am told by the tented camp that it will cost me $85 for a transfer over to the sanctuary and entry for a 5 pm - 6 pm visit. I thought they were on the same turf, so why the $85? We would also like to visit the 11 a.m. showing at the elephant orphanage. Does that mean another $85?? Would I normally be paying this much to do so? Can anybody provide information on this topic?

Thank you

milwaukee, wisconsin
Level Contributor
4 posts
30 reviews
11. Re: David Sheldrick elephant sanctuary Nairobi

Yes, I managed to get the "Lina" e-mail link from an agent. Lina was very helpful, and she booked me in at the 5:00 timeslot, so at least I am on the list now. Still working on transportation, but she gave me the name of a reputable taxi link which I will contact.

Thanks again everybody for all the help you have given me!

Nairobi
7 posts
12. Re: David Sheldrick elephant sanctuary Nairobi

keeping in mind the rates of nairobi tented camp, they should take you to the orphanage free of charge!!

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
174 reviews
13. Re: David Sheldrick elephant sanctuary Nairobi

I've just finished reading Daphne's autobiography. It's one of the most wonderful books I've ever read.

"An African Love Story; Love, Life & Elephants"

amazon.co.uk/African-Love-Story-Elephants-eb…

It's also out in paperback from Jan 3 2013.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
3 reviews
14. Re: David Sheldrick elephant sanctuary Nairobi

I bought that for my mum - she absolutely loved it too. Must get round to reading it myself; will probably be blubbing like an idiot when I do.

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
174 reviews
15. Re: David Sheldrick elephant sanctuary Nairobi

It's an amazing story of her life & her love of both David & her orphans. Having met Daphne a couple of years ago I was amazed to find that as a young woman she was incredibly beautiful.

It's a brilliant tale & very well written. It would make a terrific movie. It would be like "Out of Africa" without the hedonistic behaviour. I was aware of her work with her orphan ellies but it's the tales of all her other orphans in Tsavo which are so amusing.

16. Re: David Sheldrick elephant sanctuary Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, December 16, 2013