We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental with Driver for Day Trip

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Car Rental with Driver for Day Trip

Hello - our family will be in Nairobi for a few days this December and I would like to rent a car plus driver for a day trip to lake Nakuru. We are a family of four, travelling with our two children and do not want to pay the crazily quoted safari rates of 700 USD/ day for a simple day trip. Can anyone recommend a company where we can rent a car plus driver for cheaper? Many thanks!

Nairobi
Level Contributor
251 posts
1. Re: Car Rental with Driver for Day Trip

A safari van 8 seater should cost between $150 - $200 or 4 x 4 at $250 - $300 for a day trip to Nakuru, add park fees $80 per person, what you have been charged looks quite high to me, allow another $30 for lunch per person, contact tour operators like Air travel (info@airtravestudies.co.ke) or Paws, sunworld e.t.c

Good luck

Allan

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
175 reviews
2. Re: Car Rental with Driver for Day Trip

Bettina, what did the quote you were given include?

As Allan says, park fees are US$80 per person. So for a family of 4 that is US$320. Then add lunch, etc and you are already at US$400.

Was the quote for a mini van or 4wd?

RWA

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
384 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Car Rental with Driver for Day Trip

It will depend on what you had requested otherwise the cost will go back as you have stated before and well explained by roadwarrior

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Car Rental with Driver for Day Trip

Thanks everyone. WIll look in more detail at the quote as I hadn't realised that park fees are adding up to more than 300 USD already. I hope Nakuru is worth it!

Lamu Island, Kenya
Level Contributor
394 posts
58 reviews
5. Re: Car Rental with Driver for Day Trip

I like Lake Nakuru (also because of the landscape). The problem right now is, Lake Nakuru is still flooded (some guests told me). Also, there should be only few flamingos.

6. Re: Car Rental with Driver for Day Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:48 am, January 15, 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
1 post
7. Re: Car Rental with Driver for Day Trip

does the 700usd include park fees? it might be cheaper to hire a taxi from nairobi to take you to nakuru, again that depends on the number of people. a good cab should cost you in the range of about 100-150 dollars.

8. Re: Car Rental with Driver for Day Trip

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 am, October 28, 2012
9. Re: Car Rental with Driver for Day Trip

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 29, 2013