We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenyan Airlines - as bad as the reviews suggest?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
20 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Kenyan Airlines - as bad as the reviews suggest?

Hi, we are flying LHR - NBO on Boxing day, then carrying on to Zanzibar in the new year. The reviews of Kenyan Airways have been pretty bad and I wondered if anyone had any positive experiences? In particular I would like to know if people have any experience of check in; we have booked through a travel agent who is unable to give us a code for online check in, and so we have to take our chances at the airport. I have visions of being in the last row, seperated from each other and in middle seats the whole way as everyone else managed to check in online! Are my fears unfounded? also my partner worries his veggie meal request won't make it through - any experience here? I probably shouldn't worry - how bad can it be?!?!

Many thanks.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
6,944 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Kenyan Airlines - as bad as the reviews suggest?

There are a couple of good interior photos of The Embraer plane used on the Mombasa - Nairobi flight here....

www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php…

uk
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Kenyan Airlines - as bad as the reviews suggest?

get hold of your agent and get them to send you your e ticket, again 90 days before you can book your seat,then ring kenya airwaiys and book seats over phone or online check in is 30 hours before departure

never had a problem with them

N. Staffordshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Kenyan Airlines - as bad as the reviews suggest?

We just returned this week from a wonderful Kenyan Holiday travelling with Kenya Airways. We checked in at the airport with no problems at all (there are auto check in booths and someone to help you do it). The flight was comfortable, with in flight entertainment (which we didn't use much as the flight was overnight), evening meal and breakfast were also very nice. Cabin crew really helpful. Domestic flights from Nairobi to Mombasa and back also very easy and comfortable with drinks and snacks provided free.

I will definitely use Kenya Airways again

Lake Orion, Michigan
Level Contributor
37 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Kenyan Airlines - as bad as the reviews suggest?

We flew from LHR to Nairobi and back on Kenya Airways and had a very good experience. I contact Kenya Airways in advanced and was able to lock in my seats and had no trouble checking in at the counters at the airports.

15. Re: Kenyan Airlines - as bad as the reviews suggest?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 02, 2013