We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a one day stop in Nairobi and needed advice...

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Topic
Planning a one day stop in Nairobi and needed advice...

Hi!

Will be in Nairobi for one day in September before going on Safari and staying at Sankara (unless you all think Fairview is better). Would it be reasonable to see the Elephant Orphanage, Giraffe Centre and Karen Blixen in a day? Also looking for lunch and dinner recommendations. Been told that Haandi and Talisman would be the places to go to as Carnivore's not what it used to be...and how long does it take to get from the Westlands to Wilson?

Thanks in advance!

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,555 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Planning a one day stop in Nairobi and needed advice...

Destination Connect,

as you obviously have not read the posting guidelines here is an extract

❝You cannot include:

Links to strictly commercial websites or a blog affiliated with or promoting any one property or business.

Links, contact information, or recommendations for your business, even if your business or property would seem to be an ideal fit for a traveler's needs. Other forum members may recommend businesses or properties, but as an owner or representative you may not recommend your own business or property.❞

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Planning a one day stop in Nairobi and needed advice...

Everyone is allowed to fill in their profile however, and everyone should take a look at the profiles of people if they're interested in, or suspicious about, their posts.

I never understand why more people don't do that.

Richard

Jupiter, FL
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Planning a one day stop in Nairobi and needed advice...

Elephant Orphanage is a must do anyway just like the Safari trip,DONT miss it,it was one of the highlights of my holiday in Kenya.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Planning a one day stop in Nairobi and needed advice...

Thanks again for the advice. One last question?

I normally wear contacts--my sister (who's been 10 years ago and loved it) said that prescription sunglasses would be better since it can get quite dusty. Am on safari the first two weeks of Sept, so wondering if I should try to get prescriptions shades still?

Boston...
Level Contributor
819 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Planning a one day stop in Nairobi and needed advice...

I don't wear contacts.. But i can tell you that after going on a game drive in Samburu.. Which was great but VERY dusty, i had to thoroughly wash off the film of dust on my sunglasses... So i think the advice is sound.

16. Re: Planning a one day stop in Nairobi and needed advice...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, August 21, 2013