We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

escape from Nairobi

Manchester
Level Contributor
30 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
escape from Nairobi

My friends will be in Nairobi in Feb for a wedding - they have then got Tues - Fri with nothng to do and are not fond of cities- can anyone recommend a short break - maybe to see some wildlife - web-sites would be useful ThanksX

Balmain, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: escape from Nairobi

Lets Go Travel or Bunsons Travel both in Nairobi (both have websites) are a good start... one of my favourite places to go in the Mara is Kicheche ... a very low key and natural tented camp (and very comfy!) and away from the big Mara mini bus crowds which I have to say is a great thing

http://www.kicheche.com/

I've heard that Air Kenya have gone bust so don't know who is flying to the Mara now ... I'm sure some operator has replaced them.

Manchester
Level Contributor
30 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: escape from Nairobi

Thank you - I will pass this info on, my friend hasn't booked anything yet...so she may like the not so touristy option you mentioned.

Carmel, California
Level Contributor
4,470 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: escape from Nairobi

lifestooshort,

When did Air Kenya go bust? I flew them in late November. We also stayed at Kicheche and enjoyed the camp but felt that the game viewing was better inside the reserve (though that could be a factor of time of year). In late November, we didn't find crowding to be a problem anywhere in the Mara.