We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train from nairobi to mombasa

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Burnaby, BC
Level Contributor
181 posts
1 review
Save Topic
train from nairobi to mombasa

Anyone used the train to get from Nairobi to Mombasa??

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
278 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: train from nairobi to mombasa

I've done the Nairobi/Mombasa bus on a few occasions. Can't say it's a fun trip and I much prefer driving in my own car, but if you're up for adventure I recommend doing it once. You certainly see a different side of Kenya! I'm a single female and on buses/public transport, I've always traveled alone and I've never ever had an issue. I do recommend that you sit on the same side as the luggage hold so you can keep an eye for your bag being taken out at stops.

Jupiter
Level Contributor
173 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: train from nairobi to mombasa

I took the train from Mombassa to Nairobi alone in 1992 as a SWF age 48 and loved every minute of it. Don't remember roaches, just feeling transported back in time. Probably would not do it today, with age comes wisdom. However, I would recommend the experience to all.

13. Re: train from nairobi to mombasa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, October 22, 2009