We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fairview Hotel or House of Waine

Montreal, QC
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Fairview Hotel or House of Waine

Hi,

We are looking for a nice hotel as close as possible to the airport and narrowed our choices to Fairview and House of Waine. Which one is closer to the airports (JKIA and Wilson)? I know Fairview is cheaper, but we don't mind paying extra if we going to save time and taxi fares.

Thanks,

M. Belanger

nyc
Level Contributor
14,651 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fairview Hotel or House of Waine

Neither would be considered close to either airport. Fairview is in city-center, while House of Waine is in the burb or Karen. The latter, a bit closer to Wilson, but even that depends on route driver takes.

Why would you have to consider taxi fares? Have you booked your safari direct? Or thru a tour operator/outfitter? If the latter, the outfitter can easily arrange your transfers between airports/hotels.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
367 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fairview Hotel or House of Waine

jambo!

out of the two hotels you chose; i would recommend the house of waine.

it is in the same vicinity as wilson but it is quite a drive to the jkia. however you can avoid the city centre traffic by using alternative routes.

please note there is no escaping the horrendous traffic in nairobi - all you can do is be extra early, ensure the taxi is comfortable, carry mineral water and sweets/snacks.

best wishes

sw

Montreal, QC
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fairview Hotel or House of Waine

Thanks for your answers! I understand that I should plan plenty of time for airport transfers, but I didn't want to engulf myself in the worst possibke spot too. For our final flight at jkia, we're staying at Panari, but the nights before our flights from Wilson, we wanted a place not excessively far from it.

Thank you!

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,798 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fairview Hotel or House of Waine

Someone else on this forum has recommended the Red Cross Hotel in South C. www.redcourt.co.ke I had never heard of it before, but you can look at the website.

5. Re: Fairview Hotel or House of Waine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, August 18, 2009