We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi help with taxi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
50 posts
30 reviews
Nairobi help with taxi

We would like to visit the Sheldrick Trust and AEFW the giraffe centre - both attractions are fairly close to each other. Our hotel is in the westlands area Holiday Inn. How much very approximately would it be for taxi - say for 3 - 4 hours total. Pick up and wait outside and return to hotel.

We have been quoted £142 for transfer and entrance (that is total price for two people). Am thinking it might be cheaper and we would have more flexibiity by cab

Would really really welcome any advice on this. We only have one short day in Nairobi

Cheers

Carmel, California
Level Contributor
2,863 posts
11 reviews
11. Re: Nairobi help with taxi

Last I heard collection of the $40pp park fee by KWS has been rescinded until a workable solution can be found. You may want to email Sheldrick just prior to your departure for an update on the situation.

Manchester
Level Contributor
459 posts
6 reviews
12. Re: Nairobi help with taxi

JJ2b

£142 sounds very expensive. However, we have not been there yet so we are not experts. We are going in July/August and have done a fair amount of research. We have had varied quotes all the way up to the figures you have. I would suggest shopping around, reading all the postings you can and if you dont get a price you are happy with just book a cab from the hotel when you get there. It is tempting to have everything prebooked and arranged before going but at the end of the day you are just getting a cab somewhere and asking them to wait. The hotel will know trustworthy local firms and if they are on the level I cannot see it being expensive. It's just best to be aware of the appropriate costs before hand.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
27 reviews
13. Re: Nairobi help with taxi

Went to the orphanage on Dec 28 and there was no extra fee. Definately worth a visit I enjoyed it very much though my family prefered the giraffe discovery centre

Deryn

14. Re: Nairobi help with taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, September 17, 2009