We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nairobi to Arusha

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
76 reviews
nairobi to Arusha

We need to get from Nairobi airport to Arusha (return) in early October and have looked at the flights to Killimanjaro. They are very expensive ($450 each return). Will book these if we have to, but I did notice someone mentioned private car on here. Does anyone know anything about this? I am thinking this may be a way of seeing more of the countryside, and possibly cheaper.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
6,936 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: nairobi to Arusha

I wouldn't recommend driving yourself. If you really want to go by road (a long way and bad roads in parts) get a driver. Personally I would rather fly whatever the cost!

australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
76 reviews
2. Re: nairobi to Arusha

Thanks for the tip. We thought we might get to see more by car, but if the roads are crappy and it will take a long time, we wil fly.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: nairobi to Arusha

There's also the safe coaches - Impala, riverside or scandinavian coaches all around about $30-45

4. Re: nairobi to Arusha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, September 06, 2009