We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Day Excursions in Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
9 reviews
Day Excursions in Nairobi

Posetd in the wrong forum, so here it is in the right forum!

Hello,

I have a whole day and 3/4 of a day to kill in Nairobi.

I have done some research and would like to go to the Snake Park, Railway Museum, Sheldrick Centre & Bomas of Kenya.

Can I fit this into 1 day or should it be 2?

I am also doing another trip as part of my safari to the giraffe centre, however anything that I have missed?

Thanks for your help,

1. Re: Day Excursions in Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:14 pm, May 22, 2007
kenya
Level Contributor
48 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: Day Excursions in Nairobi

The site below is a good resource for the various tours you want

http://www.cruzeirosafaris.com/city_tour.html

and the timings as well.

regards

Wambui

Nairobi
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Day Excursions in Nairobi

Hey,

Mate, the snake part is crap, I wouldnt bother going. The best thing to do I would suggest is to get a taxi driver for the day (about 2000 Ksh) and head out towards Karen. This is where the Sheldrick center is, its only open to see the elephants for about an hour- 11 am I think but you had better check. The Bomas is just over the road as you return. Further up Langata road is The Animal orphange and giraffe sanctuary which are both very nice. Also in this area is the Karen Blixen Museum and gardens (good food) and maybe on the way back you can stop off at carnivore and have as much meat as you can consume.

Enjoy

4. Re: Day Excursions in Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, September 02, 2009