We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pharmacy

1 post
Save Topic
Pharmacy

I'm going to need to buy meds when I get there, because I'm in another place now and I'm not going back to the States 1st, can I go to the pharmacy and tell them what I need and buy it without a prescription

4 replies to this topic
Salford, United...
Level Contributor
3,293 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pharmacy

Yes, generally you can, with the exception of very strong, or addictive meds.........morphine, for example. You may have to settle for a generic version of branded medication. Be aware that the pharmaceutical market has a significant issue with fakes.

Finland
Level Contributor
278 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pharmacy

As Kileleshwa said, be aware. The pharmacy can be run and you might be served by a medical doctor/nurse/clnical officer/pharmasist or by anyone else. So it is best if you know what you need. If possible use a reliable one (how to know one, is the question).

Salford, United...
Level Contributor
3,293 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pharmacy

Well, the upmarket private clinics and hospitals usually have a pharmacy. Prices can be a little higher. On the whole, I'd stick to these, or the larger pharmacies in the better shopping malls.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pharmacy

I live in Kenya and would advise you to have someone to e-mail you a copy of your prescription. The better pharmacies require that you have one. However, now there is a pharmacy Good Life where can go online and chat with doctor who can fill your prescription.www. goodlife.co.ke

Reply to: Pharmacy
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted