We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit time at Nairobi airport

Albuquerque, New...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transit time at Nairobi airport

I am arriving at Nairobi from Kigali on Rwanda airlines at 8:15, and depart on KLM at 11:55 PM. In an earlier post, I noted that KLM operates out of gate 1A, but I'm not sure about Rwanda Airlines. Can you tell me their arrival gate and the process to get from there to 1A?

Mentioned in this post
Kigali
Kigali
Kigali Province, Rwanda
3 replies to this topic
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
730 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transit time at Nairobi airport

Air Passengers in Transit Via Nairobi can either walk and follow the signs to Terminals 1a to 1e or use the Terminal to Terminal Bus Transport.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/39012909@N06/27375851422/

Mentioned in this post
Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
16,435 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transit time at Nairobi airport

Terminal 1A is for the exclusive use of Kenya Airways (KQ) and its partners both Skyteam (KLM and from next year, Air France) and other partners for both Arrivals and Departures.

Rwandair flies out of Terminal 1C, that means its arrivals come into Terminal 1E.

While Terminals 1A, 1B and 1C are physically connnected, Terminal 1E is a separate unit. I haven't done it myself but I believe that passengers arriving at Terminal 1E are met by buses on the tarmac. Therefore there should either be separate buses for passengers in transit and those whose final destination is Kenya, or the bus should drop off transit passengers at the Transit Area (in the 1A to 1C unit) on its way to Arrivals in 1E

BTW Bina, just for info Flickr links often contain characters that Tripadvisor can't cope with in creating clickable links, if you want to post a clickable link you need to use a link compressor, I use Tinyurl, eg

http://tinyurl.com/yauowgkb

Mentioned in this post
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,356 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transit time at Nairobi airport

Just let the ground staff meeting WB at JKIA that you are transferring, and either there will be a separate bus for transfers, or the same bus will drop you off at the transfer gate for T1A.

Will you have checked in luggage?

Reply to: Transit time at Nairobi airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted