We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pls help me plan my first visit to Kenya

india
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
pls help me plan my first visit to Kenya

Hi,

I’m planning to travel in mid-december.

My tentative Itinerary is as follows:

PLS suggest changes wherever applicable.

Day 1-Nairobi-Arrive at Jomo International Airport

Overnight at Holiday Inn.

(Please suggest things I can do during my stay at Nairobi.

I’m a die hard for handicrafts.Which are the shopping places for a good bargain?

Will it make a difference if I arrive on a Sunday are the shops and other facilities

open? )

Day 2-Drive to Nyeri-Overnight at the Serena Mountain Lodge.

Day 3-Drive to Thompson Falls-continue to Lake Nakuru-Afternoon game drive at Lake

Nakuru Naional Park.Ovrenight at Sarova Lion Hill Lodge.

Day 4-Morning at Lake Nakuru.Drive to Masaai Mara for lunch.Afternoon game drive.

Overnight at Mara Serena Lodge.

Day 5-Morning and afternoon Game drives at Masaai Mara.

Overnight at Mara Serena Lodge.

Or

Drive back to Nairobi.Overnight at Holiday Inn

Day 6-Nairobi National National Park with Animal Orphanage.

Or

Nairobi National Museum

Depart by an evening flight

Queries:-

1)I wanted to know about the hotels I have mentioned.I have gone thorough the hotel reviews and traveler reviews on this site before making my deceision.Please point out anything that I have missed.

2)Is Mt.kenya Safari Club worth a visit.My trip is safari oriented so will I be missing on something by not visiting the club.I found it too expensive as well.

3)Is Nairobi National park worth a visit or is it insignificant after the game drives at Masaai Mara?

4)What is the approx flight charges from Masai Mara to Nairobi?

5)Should I extend my stay at any particular place to enjoy it thoroughly?

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pls help me plan my first visit to Kenya

hi,

You must get a guide to accomany you to the 'shops'

If you want classic Kenyan souvenirs go to the Masai Market in downtown and the village market

There is also the Spinners Web which is a litttle dearer but thr quality of the statues is outstanding.....

this shop is in Westland with your Kenyan guide you could get a matatu for a bit of fun ..but a taxi back ..do not flash a lot of money about kkeep lots of 50 100 200 ksh for instant purchases ..put it in several of your shorts pockets ......

Visit the Jave house for fabulous coffee and burgers, and safe iced water

2. Re: pls help me plan my first visit to Kenya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, August 25, 2009