We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying Doctors Membership

Nairobi, Kenya
3 posts
Save Topic
Flying Doctors Membership

Did you know you can get Air Evacuation cover for as little as USD15 per year and USD 15 for two weeks cover?

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying Doctors Membership

Part 2 of that statement is true, as far as I know.

If you know anything about it though Eric, do you know if AMREF offers wholesale cover to overseas underwriters insuring safari visitors for emergency medical evacuation? I've always assumed that must be the case, otherwise how would my insurance company extract me from the Maasai Mara with an elephant tusk in my backside (if necessary) without calling on the Flying Doctors? Which would seem to make extra AMREF/Flying Doctors cover redundant…

Richard Trillo

Nairobi, Kenya
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying Doctors Membership

Hi Richard,

I know about Flying Doctors Society of Africa a different organization from AMREF, they have a wholesale cover (Blanket cover) for insurance companies. I would recommend any person visiting Kenya to enroll for the membership. By becoming a member, you not only insure your own life and that of your loved ones, you also change and save many other lives as well. All unutilized membership contributions go towards carrying out free charity evacuations, as well as supporting Medical Outreach in Africa

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
111 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying Doctors Membership

We safaried with a doctor in Jan and he talked about this program, as I had read about it somewhere. He said it was a pretty good deal for $15.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,651 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying Doctors Membership

Most all Kenyan and Tanzanian outfitters now include Flying Doctor's Membership (at a discounted rate) in their prices to you. This service should be indicated under 'inclusions.' If not, of course, you can purchase direct at, I believe, the lowest price of $15 which covers 30/days.

Nairobi, Kenya
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying Doctors Membership

Flying Doctors Society has different membership rates depending on the period and distance of coverage, i.e Temporary membership of up to 500 km from wilson (Kenya and lower Tanzania), 14 days @ USD 15 and 2 months @ USD 25. Temporary Membership of Up to 1000 km from Wilson Airport (Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Burundi and Rwanda), 14 days @ USD 30 and 2 months @ USD 50. The membership entitles one UNLIMITED free air ambulance and two road ambulance in case of an emergency over the period of membership. For further clarification on the membership you may reach me @ eric.limiri@flyingdoctorsafrica.org.

6. Re: Flying Doctors Membership

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 10, 2014