We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safari

roma
Level Contributor
87 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
safari

Hi. I'd like to do a safari. I chose Kenya thinking it would be cheaper than Namibia... Places I'd like to see are Tsavo east+Tsavo West, Amboseli, Lake nakuru and Masai Mara. I wouldn't book with a t.o. from my country, they would charge too much. Did anybody do a safari and could reccomend a reliable not too expensive guide in kenya?

Bize-Minervois...
Level Contributor
437 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: safari

I think although Kassim's itinerary is an interesting one it will prove a lot of travelling for 1 week especially if you are going by road. It depends also upon how fit you are the Kenyan roads are notorious for being rough and in some spots full of deep pot holes (not great for your spine!) I would still stay stick to two locations.

12. Re: safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, July 31, 2013
Nairobi
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: safari

Almost all Kenyan roads are newly done. Roughness and potholes are forgotten times and Kenya is infant the best in East Africa interns of roads and infrastructure. Roads inside the parks are all weather so that they bring out the safari experience of African terrain.....If you want to experience the African landscape I highly recommend road package. This will bring you close to the reality of Kenyan culture and that is the meaning of SAFARI. last week I guided the same itinerary and it was awesome!

Nairobi - Tsavo West Road is good without potholes. - newly done [approximately 4hors drive]

Tsavo West - Tsavo East slightly rough in the park [approximately 2.5hours drive with en route game drive]

Tsavo East - Amboseli National park slightly rough in the park [approximately 2.5hours drive with en route game drive]

Amboseli - Lake Nakuru National Park - the road is newly done and is a dual carriage. [approximately 4.5hours drive]

Lake Nakuru - Masai Mara - via Narok the capita town of the Masai people. - the road is good though part of it is rough towards Mara. [approximately 5.5hours drive]

Alternatively you may fly Mara from Nakuru the choice is yours. Take your time to plan this safari. Make it one if your life time.

Nairobi
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: safari

Almost all Kenyan roads are newly done. Roughness and potholes are forgotten times and Kenya is infant the best in East Africa interns of roads and infrastructure. Roads inside the parks are all weather so that they bring out the safari experience of African terrain.....If you want to experience the African landscape I highly recommend road package. This will bring you close to the reality of Kenyan culture and that is the meaning of SAFARI. last week I guided the same itinerary and it was awesome!

Nairobi - Tsavo West Road is good without potholes. - newly done [approximately 4hors drive]

Tsavo West - Tsavo East slightly rough in the park [approximately 2.5hours drive with en route game drive]

Tsavo East - Amboseli National park slightly rough in the park [approximately 2.5hours drive with en route game drive]

Amboseli - Lake Nakuru National Park - the road is newly done and is a dual carriage. [approximately 4.5hours drive]

Lake Nakuru - Masai Mara - via Narok the capita town of the Masai people. - the road is good though part of it is rough towards Mara. [approximately 5.5hours drive]

Alternatively you may fly Mara from Nakuru the choice is yours. Take your time to plan this safari. Make it one if your life time.

15. Re: safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 03, 2014