We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yellow fever vaccination travelling from India

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Yellow fever vaccination travelling from India

Hi,

I am travelling to Kenya in Aug 2013 from India and there is an acute shortage of yellow vaccine supply in India at the moment. Is it ok if I get the vaccination in Mombasa/Nairobi ? My India-Kenya-India tour will be 9 days which I can extend for a day if necessary. Do we need to show the yellow fever certificate at immigration in Kenya ? Or is it required only after returning to India ?

Thanks,

Priya

Mentioned in this post
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
Mombasa
Mombasa
Coast Province, Kenya
Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Yellow fever vaccination travelling from India

When we travelled last June to Kenya,Tanzania and Rwanda, Yellow fever vaccination was mandatory. I don't suppose the situation has changed since then. Indian authorities are very strict about the YF vaccination .It is checked on arrival at the airport . Our YF vaccination cards were checked at the Nairobi airport as well at departure.

Last year ,the YF vaccine was unavailable at the time we left and we managed to get our jabs at the very last minute. Please check and get your jabs well in time.

Mentioned in this post
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
16,214 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Yellow fever vaccination travelling from India

You should not be asked for the vaccination certificate on arrival in Kenya as India is not a Yellow Fever 'risk of transmission' country, but you will need for your return to India as you will have visited what the Indian Government considers a 'risk of transmission' country.

Mentioned in this post
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
43. Re: Yellow fever vaccination travelling from India

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 23, 2015