We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visas

Kendal
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
visas

We're going to be travelling from Tanzania to Uganda via nairobi and I wondered if we would need to purchase a full 3 month tourist visa, or if, as we will only be in Kenya for one night, whether there is a cheaper option. We will be catching a bus from Arusha to Nairobi, before catching a flight out of Nairobi to Entebee the following morning. Any advice?

nyc
Level Contributor
14,859 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: visas

You can purchase a Transit Visa at USD$20/pp... this good for 24/hrs.

However, if on your return from EBB you again o/n in NBO you'd need another Transit Visa... not so if only passing/transiting thru the NBO airport.

Kendal
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: visas

Thanks very much. We're flying straight back from EBB via Dubai - so won't be stopping off at Nairobi on the return. One other thing - will we need photos for visas?

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,829 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visas

Hi,

At the airport they take your photo electronically at the counter I presume a land crossing will be the same

Kendal
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: visas

Thanks. Won't bother with the passport photos then.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: visas

Kendal, whenever I travel, I always carry a few passport size photographs with me. You never know when you may need one.

Kendal
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: visas

I was wondering about that - could they be taken at home and printed from the computer (so long as they are the same size - or are other countries as fussy as the UK when it comes to passport pictures?

Kendal,uk
Level Contributor
109 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: visas

Hi

As far as photos are concerned just pop into kendal Post office etc and get a set of passport photos to be safe. We live in kendal and have travelled o kenya many times and as has been said you will be photographed and fingered printed on entry but this may not be the case at your other destinations so for the sake of a fiver or so a set of passport size pics is always worth carrying. Enjoy your trip.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: visas

Best to have professionally printed photographs on photo paper. As Nakurukendal says it won't cost more then £5.

9. Re: visas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 27, 2014