We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late minute safari to Kenya and Tanzania

Laval, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Late minute safari to Kenya and Tanzania

Hi,

We are landing in Nairobi on june 24th and we want to do a 13-14 days safari to both Kenya and Tanzania. I am looking for a good TO (quality/price). I sent many inquiries and have many answer at many different rates.

How can I be sure the TO really exists and that it's not a scam... How much should I pay for a private (2) safari in lodges ? We are looking to do the Masai Mara, Lake Nakuru, Amboseli, Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Tarangire (the classical)...

Thanks for your help and suggestions !

nyc
Level Contributor
14,859 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Late minute safari to Kenya and Tanzania

Of the 'many' replies you received, am sure some are of interest and hope you are comparing like with like.

As we are not mind readers, why not post what has been received - name of tour operator/outfitter, where visiting, # of days at each, where staying, means of transport, and price being offered. In doing so, no need to include the details for each day. Just something as:

Day 1 - Arv. NBO - o/n name of hotel)

Day 2 - Where to, name of lodge/camp)

Day 3, etc. etc. on and on

Total Price per person

Know also you will require Visas for both countries and Yellow Fever inoculation with proof of same for entry Tanzania from Kenya.

Dearborn, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late minute safari to Kenya and Tanzania

I would love to see some of the quotes you were given, as I am planning a very similar trip..

Buxton, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late minute safari to Kenya and Tanzania

Hi Alex,

Out of the companies you have had contact with does Plan Safari Ltd feature anywhere? At the least I know that this company does exist as I have used them. I can only sing good things about them both in service quality and tour rates.

4. Re: Late minute safari to Kenya and Tanzania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:59 am, January 15, 2014
5. Re: Late minute safari to Kenya and Tanzania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 12, 2014