We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkish airlines

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,223 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Turkish airlines

Turkey moves to mark its place in the skies

nation.co.ke/business/…

Boasting an airport twice the size of Heathrow and a fleet of modern aircraft, Turkey could pose a threat to struggling European airlines as well as fast growing Gulf carriers.

manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkish airlines

But their Customer Service is proving challenging to say the least. We fly with them in April but at this rate it will be back with KLM in October!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
989 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkish airlines

Val looking forward to see how you get on as we have people travelling with them from July though to December 2013, like yourself I have heard lots of negative comments regarding the staff and how expensive the airport is.

nyc
Level Contributor
15,014 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Turkish airlines

They're advertising like crazy in the States.

Only issue with their flights out of IST to NBO or JRO is that they arrive early morning (between 1:20-2:30am, with departures an hour later returning to IST. Believe hours to/from DAR are similar and some do have a stop on return to IST.

These early arrivals necessitate an extra night's hotel stay at start of trip as for room to be held, has to book for the night prior... this is standard worldwide.

Do check arrivals/departures, stops and whatever else... regardless their fares being very tempting.

uk
Level Contributor
1,335 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Turkish airlines

Val H

try rining there customer services in istanbul , i found them helpful and effient ,

4sandi

i agree with there flight times if they improved on that then they would mop the floor with the rest of them

manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turkish airlines

I think we have progressed beyond Customer Services in Istanbul unfortunately and my friend wants to know "whose stupid idea was it to go with Turkish Airlines". Its become a bit of a saga and I won't bore you with the details especially as my friend has placed his issues with a third party.

I just hope the flights are OK or I could end up losing a friend!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
989 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Turkish airlines

Val/Sandi/PJDUK

Among some of the people coming to Kenya this year with Turkish Airlines we have a family of six coming in October including two under 10's so worried about the them getting the connecting flights, think its only over an hour to get off plane & onto connection, have heard bad reports about their customer services when connections are not made due to delays, fingers crossed

manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Turkish airlines

Oh dear..........And I was very fond of my old friend too.

uk
Level Contributor
1,335 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Turkish airlines

marym062

val h

it might be woth checking with the company you booked flight with and get them to check , turkish airlines informed budget air of my flight and the transfer time was not enough to get me and the bags onto the connecting flight , they gave me the option of cancelling or going on a later flight , if your tranfer time is less than 90 mins then i would go for later flight

nyc
Level Contributor
15,014 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Turkish airlines

If it's a single-ticket TK flight from Manchester or London via IST, the connecting flight to NBO is considered legal and doable. It's the airlines responsibility to get you and your luggage from point A to B

Not being familiar with the IST airport, for all we know arrival here and ongoing to NBO are in the same terminal - you get off one flight, check the departure board, head to the ongoing gate. Pretty much the same even if transiting thru Schiphol in AMS, Zurich, Dubai, others.

Granted 1/hr seems tight, but if TK offers with this short time, gather it's legal and they can do it. Only you can decide whether it's too uncomfortable.

If, however, the flight is on two separate carriers... neither one is responsible to you, just enough on each to get you from A-B on their segment.

manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Turkish airlines

Our problems are associated with our booking. I'm not too worried about transfer times just yet. Rest assured though I'll come back with a full update after our trip. We fly out at the beginning of April. We've flown with KLM, Kenya Airways, BA, Virgin and Qatar airways so far so it will be interesting to compare actual flights. But Customer Service has been grim to date.......